SAU Community

Diy Aac Valve Cleaning & Idle Reset.

insu

• 1 month later...
OK, did this, idle and stalling roblems improved but not gone, will do more and repost :D

idling is much improved, stalling now as good as non existent, seems to have settled down?

EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS, thanks for a great and useful post :(

Hey guys, im new to the forum, have a r33 series 2 which every now and again has a idling hunting problem like mentioned when clutching in at lights or when turning the wheels standing still ( putting additional strain on the engine) or when turning on the aircon at idle.

was wondering, what will happen if i take off the AAC and clean it out as per instructions, and refit it and start my car without resetting the idle and fidling with the computer ?

will it work fine as before or is it nescessary to play with the idle on the computer ?

Regards SImon.

Read my post again. Don't worry about touching the computer. Just manipulate the physical idle screw to get the desired results.

yeah thanks mate, appreciate that i feel a little silly as i did read it again after i made that post and realised hte computer tweaking isnt entirely nescesarry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to show my appreciation too

My car has been idling at 1500rpm for the past 2 months and sometimes the idle would hunt as well especially when I had my clutch in when slowing down at lights, it was extremely irritating and made the car noisier because of the high idle.

My mechanic replaced a few hoses and checked the sensors but he gave up after I kept coming back

Lucky i found this thread, removed that thing and it was clogged with carbon. Sprayed its insides with WD40 and wiped out all that black gunk. THe spring moves alot more freely now and my idle's back to normal and so's my sanity lol

Thanks again insu

• 2 weeks later...

gidya yo...

with the aac valve can i just pull it off with the bolts under the elec plug and vaccum lines clean it out good and proper..

is resetting idle with tps a must do....

? my quesiton is can i clean it whack it all back in.. dont NEED to reset anything?

cheers a heap

• 3 weeks later...

attemped to do this but the screws for the aac thingy with the green sticker ddnt budge even wen i put wd40 to make it a bit looser. so ill try again another time

Edited by 5hu7o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice tutorial! But what happens if there is no adjustment screw on my ECU? The idling RPM went up as soon as I reattached the brown plug. Do I turn the idle screw down again? My car is a R32 GTR with a R33 GTR ECU. Not sure why the change? Please advise if anyone? Thanks millions.

• 4 weeks later...

If i went to my mechanic and told him to clean the acc valve on my car would he know what im talking about and how to do it?

I tried doing it myself and could not get the third bolt out, too much stuff in the engine bay to turn my spanner...