SAU Community

Diy Aac Valve Cleaning & Idle Reset.

insu

Yeah would work, I personally don't like that one myself and I normally use the one below, don't know why just prefer it over many of the others, just remember clean both surfaces well with carby cleaner put a thin bead around the aac valve let it dry for about 15 minutes finger tighten let dry for another 15 minutes then tighten her up.

http://m.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Permatex-Ultra-Blue-RTV-Silicone-Gasket-Maker-Multipurpose-95G/5352

Just completed this....took a newbie hour and a half. Car is a lot smoother both when accelerating and standing still. Seems to have removed the engine hunting issue.

One thing I did differently was cleaning the insides, spraying wasn't doing much so ended up filling a bowl with the cleaner and letting it sit for 5 minutes. Also the gasket was in pretty decent condition so just used the same one.

Thanks for awesome walk through! :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been having a few issues with my car recently in the way thats it seems sluggish and hesitant through the rev range specifically between 2-4k
I recently adjusted my AAC valve before reading this without first unplugging the brown plug (rb20det) could this be a cause to the issue, maybe I adjust it too far or something? Ideas?

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey All, 

First of all good write up!

Has anyone ever had an issue where they have cleaned their IACV and then put it all back together to have a ticking noise from the IACV? Seems to only be present when revving the car and sometimes at idle. I've made 100% sure it is coming from the IACV by unplugging the brown connector, seems to stop straight away when unplugged. Let me know guys, it's doing my head in. 

Dan

Hi All, 

Per my last post, I think the issue maybe due to frequency setting on my Wolf 3D V4. Did some more searching online last night and read that someone has a similar issue to me but in a Haltech. 

https://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?t=11221

Since I don't have the hand controller or the cable to connect to the Wolf, I may have to give it in for a tune. 

I'll update once I have more information.

Dan