SAU Community

Photo Diary Comeback Special

Rezz

sleepy.jpg

This is probably my best non-car pic by far... This man is a dentist so I can't show you his face...

fc3s3.jpg

Another weird perspective shot that I like taking. I think that you can get so much more info and 'vibes' (?)from the scene when the subject is blurred and inconsequential parts are in focus... know wot ah mean?

headlight.jpg

Another perspective shot, this time focusing on the common headlight. Can you *feel* the subject???

fc3s.jpg

Tamon Design FC3S. This is a cutomers car, and it's about as good as FCs can get. Geez I'm gonna get one as a track car for sure.

mars1.jpg

Speaking about FCs and tracks...

fd_fire.jpg

I took about 10 tries to get this one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ae86.jpg

A lone AE86 Trueno out at Central Circuit. It's almost amazing to see one that isn't trashed or a track only car now.

fc.jpg

Yet another FC. This one had a MONSTER intercooler 'mouth' cut out of the front bumper with some flint tools and other digging implements. (see next pic)

fc3s6.jpg

Ok the cuts are pretty neat, but talk about front bumper massacre!

fc3s4.jpg

:P

fc3s2.jpg

Luvly stuff...

r33-1.jpg

I took another shot of this guys car in the pit area, and he was like 'Why do you want to take a pic of my car??? It's crap!' hahaha...

fd.jpg

Immerse yourself into the pic... focus on the center, and let the frame encompass your entire field of vision... good. Now step into the pic... walk up to the FD and say to the driver how humid it is today and is he having a good time out on the track... wait for his response - in Japanese - but somehow you understand completely... now walk up to the ladies in the background. Introduce yourself and ask them if they'd like a drink from the kiosk... it's so humid they reply positively... now look around and breath in the curious mix of warm, thick mountain air and racing fuel fumes, all the time wiping sweat from your forehead...

Are you there yet?

fc3s5.jpg

This car isn't entirely to my taste, but I do like the lines of it on certain angles, and the colour is pretty nice too.

thumbs_up.jpg

Thumbs up recieved but not given... he was gutted so promptly went out and crashed...

token_gtr.jpg

Token fake GT-R at the RX-7s meeting.

numberplate.jpg

A different angle of the green FD RX-7 above

fd_onthegrass.jpg

One of the better action shots on the day.

marsfd.jpg

Mars FD in the pits. It went on to have engine trouble and only got a handful of laps in.

shownshine.jpg

The 'show and shine' area at the RX-7s meeting.

I really like the way u do. Pictures are f**king great!! Keep going bro.

Thanks mate :P I'm glad that you get enjoyment out of something that I enjoyed putting together.

... all this is old stuff now though. Just wait until the new year :thanks::( :( WINK

It was a good day Rezz! I remember that sleeping guy dunno how he did it with all those rotors around!

I was worried for a bit, I thought you might be dead... those Kobe yakuza girl's father's chasing you down. :P

Anyway nice pics!

Edited by Laurence

The S13 Silvia I brought back from Japan was a little unique in that I scored a pristine (and I mean immaculate in all it's uncrashed glory) 1988 Q's 5MT for the huge sum of A$700...

Heres the Yahoo Auction screenshots after I won:

gallery_4816_41_189184.jpg

gallery_4816_41_100274.jpg

It basically says I won the auction at 60,000 yen, and the car I got was as you see in the second pic, albeit with different Enkei wheels on. The car had all sorts of stuff like Tein HR coilovers, 6 CD Alpine stacker and headunit, Carozzeria speakers, Cusco front and rear strut braces, Cusco 1-way LSD, Trust air filter element, HKS Super Dragger exhaust...

This is the car just before it left Japan about 2 months later:

gallery_4816_41_9119.jpg

This is it with a stack of money thrown at it (including rediculous 19x9.5 deep dish wheels front and rear):

gallery_4816_41_59511.jpg

And this is it pretty much how it looks now, with even more money thrown at it, and some Racing Hart wheels and D-Max carbon bonnet/Chargespeed carbon boot to go on yet:

gallery_4816_41_55837.jpg

gallery_4816_41_77662.jpg

Thats Laurences S14 up front, some guy from Hong Kongs car in the middle, and the long suffereing R32 up the back. We were at the late night drift area in Nanko (not exactly the place but in the general area) last year.

gallery_4816_41_39432.jpg

This is the view from the top of my building in Ashiya. All those faint red lights in the background are the tops of buildings in central Osaka (Umeda) about 15kms away.

gallery_4816_41_93994.jpg

Another one of my most favourite shots, it's Ashiyagawa station on the Hankyu Kobe line with a lone passenger waiting for the train about 9pm one evening in August last year.

gallery_4816_41_10256.jpg

Some of the TWO MILLION people who gathered on the shores of the Yodo River in Osaka for last years annual end of summer fireworks dispay. It was the worlds biggest traffic jam afterwards, with some people leaving their cars idling in the street (with air con running) and walking a block away to a convenience store to get cigarettes then coming back to resume the traffic jam.

gallery_4816_41_296973.jpg

This was lucky timing... the two trains were passing each other at about 60 - 70km/h.

nice pics rezz. You really got into the car scene in a huge way here eh.. something I havent done..

The Ashiya pic is cool. speaking of 花火 that time of year is coming again ... humidty, kimonos etc etc great :P

Remember Asuka?

gallery_4816_41_913942.jpg

gallery_4816_41_60641.jpg

gallery_4816_41_56357.jpg

Well here she is again at the Fujitsubo stand at the Osaka Auto Messe 2004. This is the show where I first met her and got her details. It really cuts you down when girls like this practically laugh at you every time you utter a word in japanese *because it's cute*... I was trying to be serious! You're not helping my confidence levels...

gallery_4816_41_42442.jpg

20"x13" wheels by Fabulous. Possibly the only 20" wheels worthy enough to make their way onto a 'car'.

gallery_4816_41_60767.jpg

Worlds smallest car muffler?

gallery_4816_41_44991.jpg

Funnily enough, this sticker was on an 'Lexus' Celsior (de-badged Toyota)... in the days before Lexus was introduced in Japan...

gallery_4816_41_117151.jpg

The Engine bay of the Endless BNR32 GT-R demo car. That Auto Select strut brace will set you back A$800... still keen?

gallery_4816_41_71229.jpg

Honda Beat with oversized 13"x5" wheels :P

gallery_4816_41_252679.jpg

She can dent my front fenders anytime *pant pant* :P

gallery_4816_41_153513.jpg

...and she can dent my door anytime too. Actually no. Get off my car woman!!!

gallery_4816_41_176074.jpg

Well thats one way to stop women from denting your car... EDIT: I didn't digitally blur the vaginal area, the car was painted like that.

... digitally blur...? I mean... not with finger 'digits'... with a progra... oh f*ck it.

gallery_4816_41_40651.jpg

Still not sure why I took this pic... I guess the sparkling Altezza lights looked so 'Hollywood' that I was a little star struck and started snapping away. Notice the Fuga tailights actually had the twin stop lights before the V35 Skyline series II came out with the revised tail lights (to incorporate twin stop lights to make it more Skyline-like). So the Fuga actually looked more like a Skyline than the V35 did at one stage.

gallery_4816_41_254502.jpg

The one on the left is the tallest building in Osaka apparently.

gallery_4816_41_222266.jpg

Signal Auto DC5 Integra at 2005 Osaka Auto Messe.

gallery_4816_41_146957.jpg

Legendary Group A STP Taisan BNR32 driven by Tsuchiya back in the day.

gallery_4816_41_53155.jpg

It's an RX-8, so guess what headlights they are?

gallery_4816_41_121800.jpg

One of the live shows at the Osaka Auto Messe. Theres another staring weirdo (uniformed dude) in this shot... :D

justin you sexy man! always high qual pics. I still love that endless BNR32. everything is so right. great car. thanks for rejuventating the pics.

Great camera shots... :)

Out of all the cars the puple R32 Gtr is perfection

And the naked gurl on the bonnet....just dreaming hoping to get one on mine

:)

I mentioned before about the Sequential S15 version 1:

med_gallery_4816_41_73878.jpg

Well here is version 2:

gallery_4816_41_194789.jpg

gallery_4816_41_206738.jpg

gallery_4816_41_63571.jpg

gallery_4816_41_272236.jpg

Crome wheels are so 1999... chrome cars are where it's at.

gallery_4816_41_288957.jpg

Pit Road M modded RB26DETT

gallery_4816_41_204334.jpg

This is the Magic FD RX-7 that was at the 7's Meeting at Central Circuit about 2 months later.

gallery_4816_41_223799.jpg

Nice plates. Just needs to put the front splitter back on...

gallery_4816_41_273136.jpg

gallery_4816_41_118958.jpg

The choice of wheels, the camber, the offset, the ride height... I usually don't get into VIP styles but this is awesome.

gallery_4816_41_77662.jpg

Thats Laurences S14 up front, some guy from Hong Kongs car in the middle, and the long suffereing R32 up the back. We were at the late night drift area in Nanko (not exactly the place but in the general area) last year.

I was trying to work out the first time I went drifting and find the pics you took when you were with Terry

anyway, if you come across them could you check the date for me please?

Anyway my car has since been crashed four times and lowered a lot (it had just passed Shakken in

that pic). The Guy from Hong Kong has crashed his car a couple of times and it now has widebody.

Also I need to get Asuka's phone number/email off you for errrr no particular reason :)

gallery_4816_41_60641.jpg

Edited by Laurence