SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

Got all the parts ready to order, just been advised by a mechanic friend to check that the starter motor and shafts don't need changing. Not seen them mentioned here so I assume not?

Nope just use what you have,

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

bringing back an old thread hoping for some help

Has anyone done a manual conversion on a S2? alot of the info in this thread is for series 1 stagea and wiring for the transmission is different from S1 to S2 (tiptronic)

I am assuming the same mod needs to be done for the park inhibiter switch - bridging terminals of the two pin connector, but has anyone sorted out reverse switch wiring? transmission side that is, it appears if you are using the auto harness for the manual - it will need to be cut.

I have a series 2 gearbox which has 2 switches on the side, one for reverse and the other I am not sure so if someone knows which is which that would be great too.

I did do a continuity (resistance) check of the two switches hoping to find out which one had continuity when in reverse gear, but no resistance - could be a faulty switch?

Also, under the centre console there is a little black box - deceleration sensor, it needs to be removed/disconnected to allow the console to fit correctly as it is directly beneath the coin box compartment, has anyone removed this completely or just repositioned it? Has anyone with a factory manual have this little black box? refer to picture

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jarrad.

post-34938-0-21223500-1398250683_thumb.jpg

sorry I can't help with the auto wiring; but I am pretty sure the black box replaces the earlier gold box as the 4wd sensor (pic is bad, but I think that's it). If so you need to keep it, but reposition it anywhere else available under the console that is flat/level....min is right towards the back of the console

• 5 months later...

hi,

im thinking of converting my s2 to manual

few questions though.

will an r32 gtr front prop shaft work?or do i need an r33 one?

is there anything else that i need other than whats listed

33 gtst clutch pedal
r33 gtst clutch master cylinder
r33 gtst handbrake
r32 gtr gearbox a push type
r32 gtr clutch and flywheel
r32 gtr clutch slave cylinder
rb25 manual flywheel bolts
rb25 manual spigot bush for the crank
conceptua braided clutch line
manual gearbox bolts

hi,

im thinking of converting my s2 to manual

few questions though.

will an r32 gtr front prop shaft work?or do i need an r33 one?

is there anything else that i need other than whats listed

33 gtst clutch pedal

r33 gtst clutch master cylinder

r33 gtst handbrake

r32 gtr gearbox a push type

r32 gtr clutch and flywheel

r32 gtr clutch slave cylinder

rb25 manual flywheel bolts

rb25 manual spigot bush for the crank

conceptua braided clutch line

manual gearbox bolts

You can just use the front prop shaft from your auto they are all the same. You may have to do something about your speedo drive.

You can just use the front prop shaft from your auto they are all the same. You may have to do something about your speedo drive.

anyone know how to wire the gearbox up in the s2?

what have people done with the speedo drive in the past?

If you don't get a reply just google "electronic speedometer drive for R32 gearbox" or something like that .

As for wiring apart from the speed signal which is obvious there is just the reverse light which you should be able to work out with a multimeter and don't forget the handbrake warning light.

• Like 1

Hi Jason, I'm not sure exactly what you have found or need, but the later model (33,34) and even Navara electric speedo senders physically fit the 32 gearbox and can be used in the conversion

ok thanks,im not 100% sure myself.

i was under the impression it wasnt a straight swap over?

if the 33,34 senders fit the gearbox ill just pick one of them up.

i just started collecting parts for the conversion.i want to have all the right bits before i start.

looking for part numbers for the following
rb25det flywheel bolts is it (12315-42L11)
rb25det manual spigot bush
rb25det manual gearbox bolts is it (01121-05121 x 3 long top bell housing
31377-15U00 x 3 bottom bell housing
31377-15U01 x 1 bottom bell housing, far left facing the front of the trans, outer bolt for the gusset support.
08911-2101A x 1 hex nut for the far left bolt.)
r33 gtst handbrake cables
thanks

• 3 months later...

hope someone can help me out here, just did my manual conversion over the last few days, all in ready to turn the key. now i havent yet wired up the reverse lights so hoping that isnt my problem, but i hit the key for the first time tonight and all that happened was the starter motor clicked, car didnt turn over or start.

i have looped the inhibitor switch plug.

also wondering what i do with all the left over wiring that was off the auto box.

the only thing i have running to the box is the speedo plug thats connected.

cheers

battery was fine and charged. some previous owner made the main starter wire black just like the earth wires, naturally i earthed it to body. banged it on positive and all systems go.

cheers everyone on here for there input. helped out a lot with the conversion.