SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

Sorry for the thread bump, but i need some info, ive read through this post, but couldnt find what i was after.

Im wanting to convert my S2 C34 RWD, will i be able to use a 33 tailshaft? or will i have to do a cut n shut ?

Sorry for the thread bump, but i need some info, ive read through this post, but couldnt find what i was after.

Im wanting to convert my S2 C34 RWD, will i be able to use a 33 tailshaft? or will i have to do a cut n shut ?

What gearbox are you using? You may be able to use the shaft you have. (Don't know for sure as mine was AWD to GTR AWD).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a issue with my s1 rs4v that's been converted to manual. Awd has never seemed to function right. What's the process of fault finding something like this? Pump primes on start and had been bled. Where would the attesa ecu be to check for fault codes?

I have a question mates,i have a Auto AWD R34 with Rb25 DET neo and want to go with a manual box.My question is what do i have to do to get my attesa working like normal?

Make sure you get an awd box!

Top up fluids and bleed - nothing special to do.

• Like 1

I have a issue with my s1 rs4v that's been converted to manual. Awd has never seemed to function right. What's the process of fault finding something like this? Pump primes on start and had been bled. Where would the attesa ecu be to check for fault codes?

Left hand side of boot forward of wheel arch.

• Like 1

Is there anything else that would stop the attesa working without showing a light in the dash?

Just to note I'm using a r34 gtt power fc if that makes any difference

Edited by fmlycar

Is there anything else that would stop the attesa working without showing a light in the dash?

Just to note I'm using a r34 gtt power fc if that makes any difference

Has it ever worked since you had it? New ECU requires a line from the TPS to somewhere - there's info in here somewhere.

From my knowledge not while I've owned the car. It has the pin 51 mod done to remove engine light from dash. As for other mods, I couldn't be sure as I never fitted the ecu.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a pic of where the atessa ecu is in a s1 c34? And how much interior trim do I have to remove to get to it?

I have one of those electronic torque split controllers fitted (been in the car since I e owned it) and if I turn it up above say 2, the 4wd and abs lights come on. Is that a normal function due to the way they are wired in? I know it does it switching from 4wd to 2wd.

Really want 4wd for launches. Probably break drive shafts but I have spares.

As above he attessa ecu is behind the trim between the LH wheel arch and the back seat. I would not be confident that the torque split controller can safely put you into 2wd. If you read the instructions for putting the R33 (and C34 Stagea) into 2wd I would doubt that a torque controller could do that. R32 is another story.

Got me stuffed where the attessa ecu is. Pull my trim apart today and couldn't find it it front or behind the strut tower. Do I need to remove the back seat or something? Can I just plug in consult and see if anything shows up? Even though I'm running a power fc?

Pump primes on start up and every now and then sitting at idle I hear it come on for a moment and then off again

Edited by fmlycar

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the thread bump but I'm at a loss, does the clutch pedal have to be modified to fit? I have a r34 pedal but it's fouling on the bracket for the footbrake. It also doesn't line up with the hole at the top where the footbrake. Was just wondering if anyone had any photos of how they mounted theirs

Apologies for the thread bump but I'm at a loss, does the clutch pedal have to be modified to fit? I have a r34 pedal but it's fouling on the bracket for the footbrake. It also doesn't line up with the hole at the top where the footbrake. Was just wondering if anyone had any photos of how they mounted theirs

Go back to the beginning of the thread and Trukboy explains it pretty well.

I wasn't planning on using the footbrake I've already got my handbrake installed but I'm needing a bit of guidance with the clutch pedal. Has no one got any photos? I see that Trukboy got a recessed master cylinder, is it possible to do it with a standard master cylinder? I bought a job lot of bits off someone with a gts4