SAU Community

Rare Skyline Register

• 2 weeks later...
R33 1996 Nismo 400R - 99

R33 1995 Nismo LM Road Car - ??

Even though 99 400r models were originally set for production only 37 were ever made. The rarest colour being BT2 'Champion Blue' of which only one was made....it sold for 70,000GBP a couple of years back I think.

They produced 3 Nismo LM roadcars.....one of which is at Nismo in Japan.

I would give my nutsack for a genuine 400r :D

Edited by mammaryman

• 4 weeks later...

Ive got a stock r34 GT RB20de, not to sure how rare they are, and since they were discontinued pretty early on, cant find much on them. So if anyone knows...Thanks.

Edited by Darkplague

• 2 months later...

Not sure how many were made and from memory the only difference is interior trim but correct me if i am wrong. i have a 1997 model R33 series 2 40th anniversary model. Doubt they would be rare just curious

• 2 weeks later...
Cool thread I own an Australian delivered R32 GTR car no1 of 100 sold by Nissan Australia the car was owned by nissan Australia for the first ten years and was sold by them to the previous owner in 2001 after a change of management. The car was first registered through Dandynong company vehicles wich is a lease fleet for nissan australia and had the number plate (vic) THE GTR. I have verified all the history of the car and also have a copy of the letter that went to all the nissan dealer princapals regarding the sale of the car in 2001 wich states that the dealership that bids the most for the car would own it and it was sold to city nissan in melbourn. The car has full books and full nissan service history and is in stock standard condition is still running a set of the origanal fitment bridgstone re71 tyres and currantly has 77000.00 klm's on it. I have been told by a friend of mine that worked for Peter Brock's race team when he raced the ford sierra that this car was driven to and from race meets by Mark Skaeif at that time but have not yet been able to verify if that is correct or not. I will post some better pics soon as the ones I have are of prety poor quality. GIANT aka Russell has seen the car inn the flesh and can verify the quality and condition of the car.

that's super clean!

my mate lives down the road from Skaifey and I think he still has the GTR (well he did until recently, and his wife used to drive it around...). It is silver.

that's super clean!

my mate lives down the road from Skaifey and I think he still has the GTR (well he did until recently, and his wife used to drive it around...). It is silver.

I heard, only yesterday, that Skaife no longer owns the car but that it has changed hands twice now.

• 3 weeks later...

I once owned a Stagea series 1 RS4 with VIN WGNC3400007.. I think it was the only one in Aus (maybe the world) with this VIN, can anyone confirm???

I am hoping that by posting the stupidest thing that could be said in this post we will now see replies appropriate to...

"I am interested in setting seeing/contributing to an on-line registry of rare Skylines in Australia and potentially o/seas, similar to other on-line registries of rare models, and am keen to see how much interest there is with members here, and also if it is possible to make this part of the SAU site itself.

For example, there were 228 R32 N1 cars built. I know of one in Australia (mine), and I am aware that someone was trying to pass off a normal GTR as an N1 car on carsales.com.au recently. In this case it would help potential buyers to see a registry of these cars e.g

specifications

built numbers

VIN numbers of "registered" cars

pictures of cars

history for each car

info on who owns them (subject to how willing the owners are to share than info)"

lol, I think you're pretty safe on the VIN being unique Ian, although it's worthy of note because it's such an early build, probably one of the first couple to be sold (assuming there would've been a few pilot build cars before it).

I had the same idea when I bought my R34 N1, and have teamed up with a friend to build the exact register you're thinking of, and it should be up and running fairly soon.

It'll be mostly for the rarer Skylines (1000 built or less), but it may include some other models, like the Autech 260RS and Pulsar VZ-R N1 too, we'll see how it progresses. All cars on the register will be verified via FAST.

• 2 months later...

Are we counting V-spec II in this?? I should be enjoying ownership of one in about 3-4 weeks... (Have been waiting about 10 years to be able to say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I have a 2nd series Aus delivered GT-R in wine red mica. 94500 original kms. Log book serviced, all records. Its a very clean car for its age. I have put 500km on it since I bought it (around 6 weeks ago). Ill keep this one for some time.

• 1 month later...

I own #241 of the Nismo R32 GTR's.

It has alot of engine mods mainly, the rest of the car is pretty much stock. I'm even keeping the original computer for future investment.

I was lucky enough to be able to get 32NSMO plates for it when i re-registered it in March this year.

Here are some pic's, and one of the chassis no. to prove it, cause alot of folks dont believe it really is one.

Cheers. Harry.

post-59311-1244532645_thumb.jpg

post-59311-1244533280_thumb.jpg

post-59311-1244533335_thumb.jpg

post-59311-1244533381_thumb.jpg

post-59311-1244533455_thumb.jpg

post-59311-1244533509_thumb.jpg

post-59311-1244533765_thumb.jpg

Edited by 32NSMO

• 2 weeks later...
Are we counting V-spec II in this?? I should be enjoying ownership of one in about 3-4 weeks... (Have been waiting about 10 years to be able to say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I have a R32 N1 coming in a few weeks. Near original condition, full log book, 60K and nearly no modifications. Absolutely can't wait! Flew over to see 2 cars and picked this one :P

Will post up the VIN number on the weekend as the paperwork is all at home.

• 2 weeks later...

i gather you mean the r32 v-spec II. there was just over 1300 of them built (compared to just over 1450 of the v spec I and over 40,000 of the base model), so they are sort of rare, but not super rare.

in the later models there were much less base models than the r32 gtr and more v spec models. in the r34 there were less base models than the total number of v spec models.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe i can be some assistance,

R31:

R31 Skyline GTS-X Autech Version

R31 Skyline GTS-X Hartge Edition

Tommy Kaira R31 M30 (Factory RB30DE, australian block mated to an rb20 head, no rb25's or 26's back then kids)

R33

LM Road Going Version (Homologation purposes i believe)

R34

Nismo R34 Skyline GT-R R-Tune

Im sure i can think of more, gran turismo is a gold mine! I know of only one autech ver r31 existing in aus, went to sale not long ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have an r33 GTR LM Limited

I brought it from japan about 14 months ago

Built to celebrate The GTR in Lemans not sure of how many are built but have been told by a few very reliable sources that there were 100 made

they came in champion blue paint only (BT2)code, only 98 were sold to the public apparently.

-have the bonnet lip

-carbon rear wing lipped

-carbon A Pillar with Nissan Motorsports International on them

-A racing flag sticker with GTR Skyline on the C pillar

-Mine has a Factory Nissan/MOMO airbag steering wheel

mehanically they are the same to other GTR's

also have the brochures Nissan made for them when they were for sale :)

Excuse the pics from camera phone, ill take some more when i wash it tommorow probably:)

Opps forgot about this, so here goes 3 years later

Got a new lip and put some D zeus fastners so i can get the car in and out of the garage without hammering the lip, i decided to leave it black. Also fixed the pealing carbon rear wing. and got some personal number plates.

post-7189-1257988391_thumb.jpg

post-7189-1257988507_thumb.jpg

post-7189-1257988522_thumb.jpg

post-7189-1257988543_thumb.jpg

post-7189-1257988568_thumb.jpg

post-7189-1257988583_thumb.jpg

post-7189-1257989016_thumb.jpg