SAU Community

I don't think there is a difference, there are so many slight differences and options just buy a car on face value and forget using "M-Spec" as a wank job.

I've heard that M-Spec is body kit and ABS, or something like that. My car has ABS and no body kit - so is that half M-spec? who cares! I have ABS and I don't scrape the shit out of every driveway i go up. Good enough for me!

A. Its Type M, not m spec.

B. Type M have larger sideskirts and fatter front bar.

C. They were an option accorss S1 and S2. My S1 turbo has a pueny little non type-m front bar. (like 2rismo)

• Like 1

from what I understand all turboed 33s were Type M (not Mspec oops )and NA werent and the options are cosmetic options on all types

i'm going with this answer. i believe passenger airbags were an option too - is this type M or not? too confusing! who cares!

As far as I am aware the Type M, post R32, was a cosmetic package. However within the R32 range non Type M vehicles did not receive the big Sumitomo 4 pot front calipers or 2 pot rears; rather they received the floating items as per the non turbo models.

i'm going with this answer. i believe passenger airbags were an option too - is this type M or not? too confusing! who cares!

I have a turbo 33. It is not a Type M. Try again.

Hi guys,

Just picked up my 1993 R33 gtst and was wondering if there was a way i can tell if it is a type m?

The car has hicas - not sure if this was on all the models

I did a search but couldnt find any info

Cheers

J

• 1 month later...

all manual turbo gts-ts are type m. most of the auto's are, but some are type g (auto sedan only).

my s1 is a type m but doesn't have side skirts, rear pods, or the beefy front bar.

where people with series 2 go wrong calling them mspecs is because there was 2 options. type m spec 1, and typme m spec 2. they just leave the "type" off the front.

the only way to check if it is a type m is with the nissan fast program.

• 2 weeks later...
the mspec comes wid bigger brakes, stronger suspension, sports interior rather then cloth, different bodykit.

edit: forgot it comes with sunroof too :laugh: i can tell u this coz i got one :P

i see alot of here-say by everyone, where is ur proof of the limit of extras. from what im gathering its a more sportier model with alot of extra check boxes u can tick :D..

but mechanically what are all the differences.. and what is this nissan fast program.. im sure theres gotta be some info somewhere in japanese.. wish i could read japanese!!.

i have a gts25t type M. 94 R33.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Type M business is just a pile off BS myself. 1 of the first comments made on this thread was that Type M is an options list with various features that you could add on to your R33 & from what I've seen I tend to agree.

My own car (97 GTS25T coupe) has:

Rear wiper

Hicas

Rear strut brace

Sumitomo Brake package (4 pot front 2 pot rear)

Dual Airbags (STANDARD from 96 onwards, optional beforehand)

How ever it did not come with:

Body kit

ABS

I have seen all soughts of variations on this (I searched for 6 months before I bought mine) some are almost the complete opposite of my own with the kit & ABS, but no HICAS, rear wiper or strut bar.

All series 2 GTS-series front bars are exactly the same unlike series 1, however you could add on the Type M front bar lip from the factory too. I don't know where the concept of a type M front bar came from for series 2's, it's bogus.

All turbo coupes as far as I know had the Sumitomo brake package standard. I have only ever seen a turbo sedan without it that was a GTS-4 & it may not have even originally had a turbo fitted.

Edited by JazzaR33

• 1 month later...

I know, I know, old thread... meh :P

Can anybody tell me what my car is? It's an 1994 R33 GTS Series 1 (i believe...) with the following:

- Non-turbo

- manual

- Type M front bar and spoiler

- 2 pot front brakes, single pot rears

- 5 stud wheels

- LSD (not A-LSD though)

- no light-up SKYLINE garnish under the boot, but it is not body coloured either

- ABS

- HICAS

- no airbags

- rear wiper

- no sunroof

post-26444-1167493090.jpgpost-26444-1167493118.jpgpost-26444-1167493128.jpg

Sorry I only have a couple of photos... my car is in the panel shop after an unfortunate collision with a Kangaroo (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...0&p=2773000) and these are the only ones i have.

Edited by Samon

Series 1 GTS with a 5 stud conversion...?

I'm really not sure... Someone mentioned that the Type M stuff was only on the turbos...

Once I get my car back from the panel shop I'm going to look it up on FAST and see what it was when it was made.

Its not hard to change front bars and wings....once you get into things like brakes etc its not as cheap/easy...and you wouldn't downgrade on things like those....so i'd say its a GTS with a 5 stud conversion and some cosmetic changes...