SAU Community

Local Wreckers And Workshops

inark

Hopefully someone might be of assistance.. i'm from Sydney, currently in melbourne for work over the next couple of weeks and i was unable to service my car before leaving (major service is due) would anyone be able to recommend a quality joint, that won't break the budget? Im staying in St kilda. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys this is awesome. I'm moving from Syd to Melb this weekend, and feel like some lost migrant, this will help me great in trying to settle down and finding a trusted person to touch my car.

I'll be in the Preston area for a few months, so if anyone friendly is near by there for a chat about local shops and skylines, I'll be free :)

I was in the same boat when i moved down to Melb few year ago. Found a workshop called NT Performance Turbocharging that a friend mentioned. Have been going there ever since. Its run by a father and son team, Simon has got to be one of the best tuners i know having been to quite a few! They really know their stuff and they have been around for years !

Here's their contact details, tell them Steve with the R34 GTR gave you their details,

NT Performance Turbocharging

(03) 9687 3074

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i cant think of the name but there is a mob in kilsyth that do reco gearboxes and i think they take off a couple of hundred bucks if u exchange u rooted gearbox. hope this helps

edit: here are the details

Status Gearbox & Diff Engineering Pty Ltd

4/22 Shelley Avenue, Kilsyth 3137

Phone: (03) 9725 3611

Fax: (03) 9725 3622

www.statusengineering.com.au

Edited by TJR32GTS-T

also if anyone is after a good mechanic in S.E. suburbs check out MechScan in hallam. very good work and competitive prices.

unit 7/19-25

rimfire drive hallam.Vic

8786 3989

www.mechscan.com.au

they do all my mechanical repairs.

mods feel free to delete as they arn't a sponser just thought i would let people know about the business :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys anyone know where i can get nice bride or recaro seats??? im in melbourne but willing to pay for postage from interstate or even overseas if not too expensive

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a decent mech around clayton area know of any the list on the op is a tad outdated.

ACE WORKSHOP + DYNO. Anthony has done lots of work on my car over the last few years.

1455B Centre road Clayton.

ian dight

0404 834 106

located in Clayton/seaford

also can deliver personally around melbourne depending on the part

does do a warranty on his parts too, thats right if you buy it and it dosnt work he will exchange it or refund it..thats right who does that these days

has a large range of different import parts

best to ring him and just ask

mention that tom with the r34 said to ring

yeah his really nice and he answer the phone in like such a happy mood,

his prices are pretty good,

and his located in clayton south - weststall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

heres 1 for good rims and other things

On The Run motorsports they can get anything for EVOs to Skylines

137A Westall Rd Clayton South 9547 8100

my own R33 has many parts from there or installed there

• 2 months later...

hallam performance!? any any good experiences or bad?

prices etc etc let me know people it would be good if they where good because i just found em! near enough next door to my work!

hallam performance!? any any good experiences or bad?

prices etc etc let me know people it would be good if they where good because i just found em! near enough next door to my work!

very good with v8's unsure with turbos thou

thanks mate.

heres one to add to the list.

Transstyle, hallam, ask for Joe nice bloke knows what hes talking about with imports which is refreshing.

230 bucks full auto service and diff oil change on my r33 gtst.