SAU Community

Nissan Fast

Nissan Fast software is protected by copyright.

If you post links to sites/torrents which offer illegal copies of this software, they will be removed.

The FAST files are named A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, GR, GL, ER, EL1, EL2... They are all compressed RAR's (www.rarlab.com)...

The breakdown is as follows:

Domestic Japanese Market (pretty much everything we are interested in)...

A1

A2

A3

B1

B2

General RHD and LHD (America basically)...

GR

GL

European RHD and LHD (Europe funnily enough)...

ER

EL1

EL2

It's probably only worth grabbing the A and B files...

OK, so once you have them downloaded, start unraring the files to the following directory structure:

C:

--NISSAN

----CD

------A1

------A2

------A3

------B1

------B2

Once you have done that go to C:NISSANCDA1FASTPRGWIN32SINKI and run SETUP32.EXE...

Follow the bouncing ball by clicking next, next, next... This installs the actual FAST software to C:NISSAN and creates the necessary start menu structure...

Once the install finishes, you will be presented with a Setup screen... Click the CD-ROM setup button and a new window opens... Choose the 5 Drives button and fill out the 5 rows that appear as shown below:

C:NISSANCDA1

C:NISSANCDA2

C:NISSANCDA3

C:NISSANCDB1

C:NISSANCDB2

Click OK to return to the main setup screen...

Next click the Font button and choose MS Gothic as the font type and Japanese as the script type... Hit OK to return to the main setup screen... (This step is not essential but makes things a little nicer...)

Hit OK to exit the setup program and to save the configuration...

You would think we are finished now but there is one more essential step... Navigate to C:NISSANCDA1FASTPRGWINGR and copy the NSFASTKY.INI file to your C:WINDOWS directory... Then go to your C:WINDOWS directory and find the NSFASTKY.INI file and change its attributes (right click, properties) to NOT read-only...

That's it... You can now start Nissan FAST by going to Start - Programs - FAST for Windows - FAST for Windows...

Directions

There are a few ways to use the software... Probably the most useful way is to enter your VIN number into the VIN field and click OK... The VIN should look something like ECR33 - 012345 and can be found under your bonnet...

After a few seconds, the software will return with the SPECIFIC details of the car whose VIN number you entered... This includes the colour, build date, trim, engine, transmission, body style, model designation, etc... It will also return the Model Codes for that car... From the Model Codes, the factory options of the car can be determined... See below for more info...

The other way to use the software is to enter the Model Series into the Model Series field... Model Series refers to R32, R33, R34, Y33, S15, etc, etc... This returns the information for that entire series without focusing on one particular car and allows you to see all possible variations...

To enter a new VIN or Model Series, you have to click the CLR button which is second from the top left...

Once you have a specific car or series opened, the 6th button from the top left opens up the General Index for that car... From here you can select the main area you are interested in (eg Engine, Body, Electrical, etc...) and go to the illustrations for that section by clicking OK... This allows you to select individual areas within the main area to view (eg Head, Gaskets, Block, Lubrication, etc)...

Navigate between the illustration pages by using the ILL left and right buttons up top... Select individual illustration areas by left clicking on them, right click to unselect...

Once you have made your choices, click the ILL retrieval button (3rd from the top left) to view the detailed drawings... Once again, navigate between pages by using the ILL left and right buttons up top... Left click a part number to see a description of that part...

Have a dig around... You can't really break anything... If you get yourself into trouble, just close the program down and restart it again...

R33 Model Codes (1-13)

A Model Code for a Skyline consists of 18 digits and looks something like this:

GGKBRTAR33VDAA---B

To view what each of the numbers in the Model Code mean, use the Abbreviations menu after you have selected a car or series using the VIN or Model Series fields... There are two sections in this menu, digits 1-13, and digits 14-18...

Regarding the R33 (and possibly the others), there are some loose conventions used in these Model Codes... The first 13 digits explain the car (eg engine, body, transmission, series)... The last 5 digits explain the options for that car...

The majority of this info is in Japanese so will need to be translated by someone at some stage...

Let's work through one... GGKBRTAR33VDAA---B

The first digit defines the body type... In this case G for 2 door Coupe... (It's B for 4 door Sedan)

The next 2 digits define the engine type and size (note: not the fact that it is NA or Turbo)... in this case GK for RB25DE(T)

The next digit (4) defines the drive type... In this case B for 2WD...

The next digit (5) is R across all R33's... I'm unsure of its significance... Some translation is required here...

The next digit (6) defines the model spec... (eg: GTS, GTS25, GTS4, GTS25T/M, GTS25/S, GTR, etc...) In this case it is T for GTS25T/M + GTS25/S (note: we still don't know if it is NA or turbo yet)

The next digit (7) defines the transmission... In this case A for 4 speed auto... (It's F for 5 speed manual)

The next 3 digits (8, 9 & 10) define the Model Series... In this case R33 for (duh) R33...

Now comes the tricky part...

The next digit (11) defines the induction system... In this case it's V for Forced Induction... (It's E for EGI / NA)... Some further translation is required here...

The next digit (12) can be either D or Z... I'm unsure of its significance... Some translation is required here...

The next digit (13) is A across all R33's... I'm unsure of its significance... Some translation is required here...

Shown below are all possible entries for the first 13 digits of the R33 Model Codes...

1-13.jpg

Note that different years have different designations for the digit (mainly to cater for the GTR's and GTS4's)...

If someone would be kind enough to translate the table completely, I'll owe you a beer!

R33 Model Codes (14-18)

Erghh... So many options...

The only one I have semi worked out is the last digit (18) which will be A if you have an Active LSD, B if you have ABS, and C if you have an Active LSD and ABS... There are heaps more options for digit 18 though...

It appears digit 14 is mainly focused on the wheel and tyre sizes...

It appears digit 15 is mainly focused on the electronic options (eg, ASCD (cruise), GT spoiler, etc)

I am unsure what digit 16 is mainly focused on...

It appears digit 17 is mainly focused on the AV options (eg, CD, MD, Stacker, etc...)

Linked below are all possible entries for the digits 14 - 18 of the R33 Model Codes...

14-18.jpg (1MB)

If someone would be kind enough to translate the table completely, I'll owe you a carton!

can anyone give some details on chassis # HNR32-002387....need to know if its RB20DET

THX

VIN: KRNR32RGFSLMEB

Means:

K = Hardtop

R = RB20DE, RB20DET Model Engine

Blank = 2WD with no Super HICAS

N = 4WD with Super HICAS

R = 2 Door

G = Y (Police Car), GTE, GTS, GTSt, GTS-4

F = 5 Speed Manual

S = Intercooler + Turbo Type

L = Projector Headlight

M = Climate control system + Sound System

E = GT Spoiler

B = GTR Steering Wheel

Model Name: GTS-4

Production date: Nov 1989

Colour: 732 Black Metallic

Engine: RB20DT (wierd, I think it means RB20DET) lol

If you wanna how to decode it yourself, check out my decoding guide thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=44011

could someone do ECR33-005986 ?

cheers

Built: September '93

Colour: 1N4

Trim: K

Body: 2 Door Coupe

Engine: RB25DET

Drive: 2WD w/ HICAS

Model: GTS25T/M

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Model Code: GGKBRTFR33VDA-----

I'm gunna have to start charging for these :D Let's say a beer per car??

haha crazy... i got a blue screen that said "This is an Autech vehicle, continue to fins out more options"

maaaad

Body Type - Wagon

Engine RB26DETT

VIN - TGKNRFAC34UDAP88AZ

Drive - 4WD

Model Name - 260RS

Production date - Dec 97

Colour Code - WK1 (White)

Interior Colur - Z (Black Trim)

I'll do the stageas after I'm done decoding the Skyline VIN's... so it might be a whle before I can tell you what your VIN means

thanks strutto,funky monkey......gts-4 is a turbo ....excellent

can i check my stagea on this system chassis # WGNC34-104778

No probs although I am mighty jealous now...

Entered the Stagea's VIN... A blue screen pops up saying this is an Autech Vehicle...

Built: December '97

Colour: WK1

Trim: Z

Engine: RB26DETT

Drive: 4WD

Transmission: Manual

Model Code: TGKNRFAC34UDAP88AZ

A genuine 260RS... Nice...

FAST is proprietory Nissan software (so its kinda naughty to have a copy, although copies of this are rampantly available everywhere in Japan). Its used by parts distributors, service centres etc to quickly bring up a summary of all Nissan produced cars, and bring up the codes of every single part it contains, and where to get alternative parts from (so it shows you interchangable parts from other Nissans).

A cool side effect is that it

a) gives you all the info on how you car came out of the factory

B) gives you basic instructions (one screen with arrows for most parts) on how to disassemble the parts on all nissans.

thats awesome, when you load a car into fast via vin number choose search then collision est and choose the type of car accident light medium heavy and what side / angle and it will detail all the parts needed with pictures of all the parts

shit hot

Can someone do ECR33-018810. My copy of fast says it's an invalid vin number.

Built: November '93

Colour: KH2

Trim: K

Body: 2 Door Coupe

Engine: RB25DET

Drive: 2WD w/ HICAS

Model: GTS25T/M

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Model Code: GGKBRTFR33VDA-----

I'll have a Crowny thanks! :D

one crowny coming up :D

any idea why i can' use this feature on my fast?

Not really... Just make sure you have all 5 CD's loaded as per the instructions... When you first start FAST, click the button that looks like a CD and check if line 32 is for the R33 Model Series...

Pehaps try clicking CLR before you enter the VIN? ECR33 goes in the first box... 018810 goes in the second box...