SAU Community

The Sunny Coast Chat Post

Baysidebluebnr34

spin fest = rip off!

so when i waved to you on the nicklin way sam, i was going down for a drive by, but couldnt justify spending $20 to go see cars i most likely would have seen before. and most likely know the onwer's of anyway.

now u have comfirmed my suspicions lol

Bit of a kinda sunshine coast question.

I know its a bit north, but has anyone been on the gympie skid pan?

I didn't know it was there until the weekend when i was at the kart track and heard some action going on.

i havent actually been on it but i have been there when a local club has been there, looks like a good time, u can actually hire the place im sure, some driver training place owns or runs it.

yeh i did the same as u bsurk...drive by along nicklin @ 20km/h and realised id seen most of the cars anyway and that $20 for entry was ridiculous...kept going and spent $2 on a slurpee, much more satisfying :(

yeah, i just went for a walk up on alex hill for something to do instead.

The skid pan is alrite, its a bit of a lose-lose situation though imo its not worth $75 and only havin 6 or so cars there but on the other hand when I went there, there was 15 cars and it was only $55. Although the price was more suited you also to tend stand out in the sun waiting for 10 or so cars to have their turn so you can have your 5 donuts then either race back for shade and refreshments or hit the back of the cue and do it all again. The lap time trial thing they did was also fairly gay

I didn't know it was there until the weekend when i was at the kart track and heard some action going on.

Edited by wessa02

not only was spin fest a rip off, but after the cops hand finished writing everones number plates down when everyone left, a good portion of them got defected, a mate who had his car their got screwed badly cause he had his nos with him and just laying on the passenger foot well disconnected (it was emtpy to) :( for spinfest

not only was spin fest a rip off, but after the cops hand finished writing everones number plates down when everyone left, a good portion of them got defected, a mate who had his car their got screwed badly cause he had his nos with him and just laying on the passenger foot well disconnected (it was emtpy to) :wave: for spinfest

Yeh the cops are really 'cracking down' on modded cars of late.

I actually walked up and had a chat to a young cop in mooloolaba last thursday night who was radaring (sp) on parkyn parade...and i just asked him if he were the type of cop to defect/book young drivers for what seem to be very mild acts of stupidity and/or minor ADR infringements. And his response was something along the lines of, "i appreciate cars as much as any of you guys, i wont defect you for having a loose pod filter or a loud BOV...as i know they are pretty well harmless." and followed by "But its when you guys do the stupid sh!t, time and time again...expecially after all the media coverage, young drivers continue to do it."

So basically he said that, yes the force is cracking down on young drivers and yes that means modded cars are an easier target. He also said that there are officers on the force who are very biased when it comes to this, but they are generally the ones who are family/friends of kids who have died of late in crashes caused by speeding/drunkeness etc etc...

Clearly it was a revenue-raiser booking cars outside of quad park. But the rest is something to think about i guess...

I thought spinfest was ok. I entered my car in it as it doesn't get out that much. Some pretty sweet cars there. Heaps that I hadn't seen before.

I agree that the entry fee was a bit much but there was a fair bit of stuff to see there. Much better than sitting on alex hill IMO >_<

I also heard that the piggies setup 2 defect stations on nicklin way so I got someone to scout the area before I left. My car is mostly legal but some things are just BS. Will be pulling it off the road next June anyway, just have to last until then :D

in all the time I have had the gtr have have not been pulled over. I must be looking old............lol

it's not that i dont think, its just they dont expect a young person to own such a car, a bit out of there price range for a 17- 20yr old

cops will be blitzing for cars and hooning, but also the christmas drink driving thing also doesnt make life easier. so this time of the year is not the best time to actually be driving a vehicle with major or minor defects, just not worth it, they will get you.

There is a motorkhana every 3 months down at that skid pad. Ive been to the last 5 or so. $25 Entry & i think 8 or 10 tracks for the day. Not sure when the next one is as they were having insurance issues at the last one which was in nov.

It's a fun day but i do get roasted at everyone as there is no cover unless u bring your own!