SAU Community

Tig Welder In Brisbane Needed

BlkCalais

Hey guys need to get a few things made up and was wondering if anyone has a AC tig at home as it is aluminum. Not to keen on going to engineering shops as use to work at one and know how much they charge. I will supply all the material just need someone that has got the welder and can weld. Let me know if anyone is keen in brisbane area and we will work out a fee for you time and use of welder.

Thanks guys

I got a DC Tig as well but have heard they aren't very good on aluminum so not going to try, Good for stainless and mild steel but not much chop on alloy

Hey guys need to get a few things made up and was wondering if anyone has a AC tig at home as it is aluminum. Not to keen on going to engineering shops as use to work at one and know how much they charge. I will supply all the material just need someone that has got the welder and can weld. Let me know if anyone is keen in brisbane area and we will work out a fee for you time and use of welder.

Thanks guys

ive got a ac/dc tig and i weld alloy

what do u want welded up

oh and im in brissie

and no u cant weld alloy with a dc tig

i need an alloy flange welded up myself also...

i designed it to the turbo smart BOV adaptor, but i need a smaller pipe to fit my new BOV... where is the best place to get a small plate of alloy? and some 30mm(32NB) alloy pipe??

I used a guy by the name of Steve who owns 4x4 megastore (Ex-TJM) for my welding needs. He welded a nipple for my aluminium intercooler piping and also for my stainless dump pipe. Good bloke and charges very reasonably. The shop is located on Moss St, Slacks Creek. He was recommended to me by a guy from pirtek hoses. I'm sure he'll be able to do all sorts of small jobs if you supply the materials.