SAU Community

Power Fc In A 25t Rs Four "s"

EGA41T

Got the car back today and engine light is now out. Auto sparky fitted a terminal to pin 51 and followed wiring diagram for diode and resistor placement. Cheers. Car is a 1997 S1 RS4 auto converted to manual using a power fc for a r34 gt-t for future reference.

Got the car back today and engine light is now out. Auto sparky fitted a terminal to pin 51 and followed wiring diagram for diode and resistor placement. Cheers. Car is a 1997 S1 RS4 auto converted to manual using a power fc for a r34 gt-t for future reference.

Yep, mine is pretty much exactly the same: 1997 S1 RS-Four V converted to manual by the previous owner, then I had the R34 GTt PowerFC with "secret squirrel tweak" done.

Ah yeah, I do remember having issues with that, now that you mention it. The conversion was done a long time ago, so I can't remember (and don't actually remember being told) what was done to fix it.

I think when I had it done it was mid-summertime too, hence my requirement for working air-con.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the info on supplying tps signal to the attessa ecu to make the 4wd to work with the power fc? Mine has never worked since I've had the car. Have the pin 51 mod done and bled the 4wd system, pump primes and I'm not getting any lights in the dash.

I'm assuming it's the tps signal anyway

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/464561-stagea-engine-conversion/

Heres some relevant info. You'll have to check whether the power fc outputs the voltage to the attesa.

If not then you may need to employ some electronics skills, ie, you could make a splitter for the TPS so it supplies voltage to both the power fc and attesa, however you would need a buffer circuit to ensure that there isnt a voltage drop caused by connecting the sensor to multiple devices.

• Like 1

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/464561-stagea-engine-conversion/

Heres some relevant info. You'll have to check whether the power fc outputs the voltage to the attesa.

If not then you may need to employ some electronics skills, ie, you could make a splitter for the TPS so it supplies voltage to both the power fc and attesa, however you would need a buffer circuit to ensure that there isnt a voltage drop caused by connecting the sensor to multiple devices.

Cheers. That's a good bit of info and helpful suggestion

• 6 months later...

Ok, so I have correct tps at attesa ecu. What's next? I can get the pump to run for approx 5 or so seconds with the bleed plug in the kick panel disconnected. However, it doesn't prime when ign is switched on. Could it be a faulty accumulator?

• 6 months later...

Great thread, just so that I'm in the the clear. I will be removing the NA engine and dropping a RB25NEO AWD from a Stagea into a R34GT-4.
I'm going to throw out he GT4 ecu and use a GTT ecu. To be able to retain the Attessa. I should split the TPS signal into two. One goes to the ECU and one goes to the ATTESSA.
I will be running a Link ECU is it any different to a Power FC in terms of the trick mentioned above?

Did you guys have to purchase a new wiring harness to be able to do this?

Pretty sure the Link goes into the GTT case - you may need an auxiliary loom for the IAT sensor and maybe the Map sensor

Great thread, just so that I'm in the the clear. I will be removing the NA engine and dropping a RB25NEO AWD from a Stagea into a R34GT-4.
I'm going to throw out he GT4 ecu and use a GTT ecu. To be able to retain the Attessa. I should split the TPS signal into two. One goes to the ECU and one goes to the ATTESSA.
I will be running a Link ECU is it any different to a Power FC in terms of the trick mentioned above?

Did you guys have to purchase a new wiring harness to be able to do this?

Yes it's a plug in ECU. I was worried if it is possible to do the same as covered here for the PFC. I have a map sensor and IAT ready. They connect on an XS loom.

• 1 year later...