SAU Community

4wd Relay Clicking At Idle

wolverine

i have this awful ticking aswell except not just at idle..... clicks about every 30secs the whole time the motor is running!!

also when i push the button to lock in the 4wd it clicks twice really quickly....

picked the car up 3 days ago so is still covered by warranty....

all the fluid looks fresh so im thinking they didnt bleed the system.

i will put up what they find.

Edited by messanic

got the warranty transfered to dvd mitsubish wangara with is right accross the road from work.. stuff dropping the car off in maddington when i live in mullaloo....goes in tuesday morning

spoke to the service manager and he said they will prob have to send it to nissan...

so will see how we go

i hope they sort it out soon.

got the warranty transfered to dvd mitsubish wangara with is right accross the road from work.. stuff dropping the car off in maddington when i live in mullaloo....goes in tuesday morning

spoke to the service manager and he said they will prob have to send it to nissan...

so will see how we go

i hope they sort it out soon.

Cool, will be watching this thread with interest :)

well went in today and the mechanics at mitsubishi were scratchin their heads...

will prob have to go to dvg nissna in midland...

is it ok to be driving it around like this cause i think it is getting worse.. pulled the fuse out and the 4wd light came on and decided that the light would be more annoying

well went in today and the mechanics at mitsubishi were scratchin their heads...

will prob have to go to dvg nissna in midland...

is it ok to be driving it around like this cause i think it is getting worse.. pulled the fuse out and the 4wd light came on and decided that the light would be more annoying

Yeah definitely don't pull the fuse, don't drive it without the fuse without removing the front driveshaft as well! apparently you have to drop front driveshaft to avoid doing damage in 2wd mode, not like R32's where u could just pull the fuse...

Lol just imagining a bunch of Mitsubishi mechanics all going 'wtf is THAT?' My clicking is only about every 10 seconds-30seconds when the revs are low(say 1,500 down to idle) and I have been driving around like this for a couple weeks; but I don't know how bad yours is... personally I would get it fixed asap, attesa pumps are expensive I hear.

Edited by DaveB

she is under warranty so dvg will be up for some expence if they dun pull their fingers out

if it has to go to midland it will be goin on a flat bed!! i am not takin time off work to drive down there and sit around all day.

ill get on to them tomoz...

ow and is there any one around the mullaloo wa area have an s2 without a clicking relay?? to try a lil swapsies?

Edited by messanic

• Locate air bleed connector. In an R34 its in a panel under the dash. In and R32/R33 its in the drivers side kickpanel. Connect and disconnect this wire to run the ATTESA pump.

Photo_081106_003-medium.jpg

what is this black unit that he is holding is it the air bleed controller?

what does it do? y is it there?

• Locate air bleed connector. In an R34 its in a panel under the dash. In and R32/R33 its in the drivers side kickpanel. Connect and disconnect this wire to run the ATTESA pump.

Photo_081106_003-medium.jpg

what is this black unit that he is holding is it the air bleed controller?

what does it do? y is it there?

Well that is on a skyline I'm pretty sure (R32?) but I think I have found the Stagea one, I think it's the black connector (jumper) under the driver's side dash, on the firewall, at the bottom, to the right... sort-of at the back of the driver's side kickpanel... I will take a photo sometime.

Basically I believe the purpose of the jumper is for bleeding the ATTESA system without having to have the engine running. I think it works like thus:

- turn ignition on, but don't start engine.

- remove the jumper.

- the attesa pump starts and holds a constant pressure in the attesa hydraulic system, allowing for a very easy 'one-man' bleed operation where you only have to open the bleed valve(s) and let fluid out.

As I say, I only think that's what happens, from other members' advice and from reading sites like that one... but I reckon this is pretty close. I'm going to try bleeding mine as the clicking is getting worse and is annoying. It could also be doing harm. Fault codes say 77, which I think is the pressure switch. The manual shows that being integral to the pump assembly, just in front of the pump/diff. But there may be a wiring problem; hopefully just a fouled connector, perhaps from when they did my underbody cleaning at quarantine.... well I can hope.

well she goes in on tuesday... so glad i hadn't sold my lancer yet because they want the car for at least 2 days..

so devo that i wont be abe to go on the stagea cruise this weekend gotta work

the clicking is every 15-20 seconds now so im not driving it to much...

ill take it to work monday the towy is picking up from there... ill let you know what nissan says

any one know a good towy?? car has to go from wangara to midland..

have a good long weekend every body

Edited by messanic

Hey Elle, if you turn up at the cruise start you'll find plenty of Stageas without clicking relays.

I had one a few weeks ago............. i just couldn't work out where it was coming from, I was try to fix my lights, and was half sitting on the sill, but I had my fat ass against the electric seat control, it was a minimum low height, and was clicking cos it was overloaded!! :down:

nah is all the time...

clicks slowly at idle then faster when accelerating. :(

hey, had this problem on my s1 with a awn warranty, took it to savs auto electrics in cannington. take it to him if they cant fix the problem. he has worked on a few stags.. 2 of which were mine

well got the word back from nissan today...

they can fix it ... apparently it is an electrical fault ... so it has to go to an auto electrician...

so first thing in the morning it goes on a truck and comes back up this end of perth to a place round the corner from work...

and we send alot of work there so they will look after me..

ill let u know how it goes

ok well here goes....

went to the auto electricans... they had some idea but were not gonna touch it

so i took it to tenagah motor sports in wangara omg!! had a diagnosis in like 1 hour lol

it is the abs sensors.. so is going to auto spark malaga (which is where they send all their electrical work cause apparently the guy there is really good with imports, stephan i think his name is) tomorrow morning to get fixed....

will let u know exactly what the fix.. might have my car back this weekend.. yey

Edited by messanic