SAU Community

How-to: Greddy-style Plenum Install

ix9

seems alot of ppl are having dramas with these manifolds, i put mine on about year and half ago... took few days, didnt even use new gaskets and never even got it shaved. hasnt leaked and still going strong lol

even came with every bolt i needed to bolt it all on + vacum fittings.

keep at it should all work out in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone knows what should i do to install this to a R34 GTT with rb25det NEO?

Please someone answer because i want to install it and i don't want to wait for parts... :blush:

Anyone knows what should i do to install this to a R34 GTT with rb25det NEO?

Please someone answer because i want to install it and i don't want to wait for parts... :(

Anyone????????????

Hi Zebra , any chance of a pic of where the bleed valve is . I'm interested to know if a mount could be fabbed to fit the knock off manifold to mount the bleed valve conveniently .

I was looking at one on an R33 yesterday and I'm also interested to see if the plenum inlet could be flange modified to take the std TB and so leave room for the std washer tank .

Cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

Hi Zebra , any chance of a pic of where the bleed valve is . I'm interested to know if a mount could be fabbed to fit the knock off manifold to mount the bleed valve conveniently .

I was looking at one on an R33 yesterday and I'm also interested to see if the plenum inlet could be flange modified to take the std TB and so leave room for the std washer tank .

Cheers A .

there are adapaters you can buy for about $90 to bolt on the factory TB.

also if you run a 90 degree silicon bend of the TB and down thru your usual intercooler hole. you can retain your washer bottle..

its all so very simple.

if you look around for the greddy instructions in pdf, you will see they remove absolutely everything water hose wise and run a hose from the nipple at the back on the heater hose to the nipple at the front near the thermostat

pretty easy

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a greddy style plenum KIT from vulture motorsport. Cost me $565 deliviered. It also came with a throttle body adapter and all the other shit you need to do this. Was a prick of a job. Im not a mechanic but like to do my own work so I had a crack at it. I Was pretty much stumped with it half on until I found this thread. Awesome write up :P

I run a 90 deg silicone bend straight off the throttle body. I had to cut the existing hole a bit more to make it work. Got a new lenth of straight intercooler pipe and had a vaccum nipple for something on the Power fc and the AAC line fitting welded in. Because the washer bottle now didnt fit I took it to the plastice welders. They chopped the bottle in half, right beside the internal pumps and sealed it back up. It half the capacity of stock now but at least it isn't a defect and you still have enough water to wash the windescreen.

The tosser who owned my car before me cut up the stock plenum and put the throttle body to the front greddy wank style. It hurt tuning and I have NFI why it was done. Ill put up some before and after shots....

post-65433-1250164183_thumb.jpg

post-65433-1250164216_thumb.jpg