SAU Community

How-to: Greddy-style Plenum Install

ix9

water_bleed.jpg

plenum_install.jpg

This way you don't have to block off any pipes. Just remember to mount the bleed valve so its the highest spot on the cooling system.

Are 1 & 3 the wrong way around?

On mine the turbo water line that comes through the stock plenum goes to 3 on the bleed valve.

just did this having some problems with boost......http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Put-Greddy-Copy-Manifol-t250499.html&gopid=4339490#entry4339490

FREAKIN GREAT THREAD!!!! so so so so so so much help...:spank:

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys! top write up by the way.

i want to do this for my first big task for 2009. will probably get the kit from Just Jap.

i want to keep my plum back BOV...how did anyone do the recirc piping???i will also keep the heating of the throttle body...will do extra piping for that.

any other tips?

how did you gouys do the piping through the side wall instead of moving the water container???

also do you loose midrange by going with this plenum??? i have heard that might happen....obviously you gain top end a little.

my main purpose of doing this is to just neaten the engine bay and get more response... i love response!

• 1 month later...

looking at doing this on my new stag just to clear up the engine bay and shorten the intercooler piping... has anyone completed this on a neo rb25?? if so, was it much different?? did you use the standard TB or get one of those 80mm ones?? thanks guys

hey guys! top write up by the way.

i want to do this for my first big task for 2009. will probably get the kit from Just Jap.

i want to keep my plum back BOV...how did anyone do the recirc piping???i will also keep the heating of the throttle body...will do extra piping for that.

any other tips?

how did you gouys do the piping through the side wall instead of moving the water container???

I used the stock plumback BOV. Don't know if that's the best place to put it. But it works.

post-33072-1236083545_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey guys, i have received my plenum and i have some questions for those who have done this...

whith the water inlet/outlet pipe: does the pipe insert into the plenum with ease or was it very hard to insert? mine seems to be quite easy to insert and hence would require some kind of sealant... if this is how it is, what sealant did you use?

hey waffles, i used a copper mallet and universal gasket , and hit it in till it was a firm fitt, should cramp in and it works fine to date

Hope this helps

hmmm see mine is quite relatively loose, its easy to put in by hand...so i think i need some glue/sealant..

so was mine.. try hitting it in, it should cramp in, thats after youve put some sealant on

yeah it gets to the end and just stops. hitting it in wont help/happen. i might weld it in...keep you all postred with pics.

i'm also going to make myown throttle adaptor...

Yours from Vulture Motorsports as well? Just use lots of gasket maker to seal up the water thing.

What's the quality of your runners and water galleries? I was on the die grinder for a couple of hours making sure it matched the head gasket.

quality of casting on the manifold seems to be quite good, need better pics of a greddy to compare. i have yet to take my current stock manifold off to compare the gasket to the vulture plenum. i am hoping is close or spot on...don't really feel like grinding...

mine came with a so called stock throttle adaptor but was made completely wrong. i am having mine milled down as we speak. the thing i have an issue is that on the manifold, they haven't spent anytime milling out where all the bolts go so when you put a bolt through the whole, neither the head of the bolt nor the washer will sit flat...