SAU Community

How-to: Greddy-style Plenum Install

ix9

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but worth checking before bolting the manifold on.

In this photo, my output on the water exchanger (oil filter mount) fouled against the socket on the solenoid when trying to slide the manifold on, making it impossible to get the blue plug on once bolted in place.

PlenumInstall%20045.JPG

Had to remove the manifold and give the output a few love taps down to add clearance.

(Mines a genuine GReddy).

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure if this has happend to anyone but once i installed my forward facing plenum my car it begun to miss real bad, runs really rich, missing on idle, back fired really bad going do the road, car is shaking really bad and feels like it wants to die.

Mods I have

3" exhaust

Hks bov

Greddy style plenum

Fuel pump gs043 or whatever

Super spark coilpacks

Air pod

Boost controller (10psi)

Tashiki stage 1 ecu upgrade

Afm,plugs and coilpacks where not touched during the install.

I did Press firm on the tip of one of the injectors but surly can't throw it out this much?

• Like 1

Just wanted to ask what throttle bodies people are running on these? I'm gonna ditch the adapter and standard throttle body and go for something that will fit nicely and I can get a 3" joiner straight on

Not sure which throttle body to go for. Don't want to spend a fortune on it

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to ask what throttle bodies people are running on these? I'm gonna ditch the adapter and standard throttle body and go for something that will fit nicely and I can get a 3" joiner straight on

Not sure which throttle body to go for. Don't want to spend a fortune on it

I picked up a second-hand Q45 throttle body - it's a direct fit.

rI8qOaI.jpg

Size difference with stock.

s8Uw7EJ.jpg

Edited by protecon

Yeah I ended up buying one from a member on here :) should be good. Notice much difference compared to stock TB? im not real worried about getting any improvements from it but interested to see if you noticed any difference

Plenum looks good. Im still tossing up o. What colour im going to paint mine

Yeah I ended up buying one from a member on here :) should be good. Notice much difference compared to stock TB? im not real worried about getting any improvements from it but interested to see if you noticed any difference

Plenum looks good. Im still tossing up o. What colour im going to paint mine

Cheers - build still in progress so haven't been able to fire it up yet.

I had to make up a custom throttle linkage bracket for the side - how did you mount yours?

Any tips on wiring up the Q45 TPS?

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread back up, have read all the pages so thanks to all those that have contributed.

I will be installing one of these before i get my car tuned on the new computer, for those that have brought one lately, what have you found to be the best copy plenum that is the most complete. i dont want to be chasing down extra parts to get it finished. Also looking for one that has a replacement throttle body and fuel rail something like this, dont really want a chrome one though:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RB25DET-SKYLINE-INLET-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-PLENUM-R32-R33-R34-NISSAN-TURBO-T3-T4-/111159846180?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e1a4a524&_uhb=1

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Flicked though most of these pages of this topic,

Has anyone got a guide on fitting to 34gtt?, ive followed the mumbo jumbo instructions in Jap and just a few things missing still, even if someone whos done this

on their GTT can take a few pics of there plenum at front, back, side, underneath????

thanks