SAU Community

How-to: Greddy-style Plenum Install

ix9

sweet write up man, and i do agree this should be in D.I.Y section, the quality of language and pictures is a great help, i want one now!!

hame

Absolutely excellent thread, well done, thank you, I know how much it slows down the process when you take pictures. But it sure helps us other guys attempting the same thing.

The RB25DET in the R33GTST is finished its forged internals rebuild and as part of that upgrade I grabbed one of these inexpensive Chineses copies. Since the head was already ported we had to port the manifold to match, which is a good idea anyway as the original casting didn't line up with the ports very well. The engine is on the engine stand so it will be a bit easier to fit it all up before it goes into the engine bay.

The only real difference to this installation is that I am using some RB26 top feed injectors that I had lying around. In fact that's the reason why I went for this manifold, it was cheaper than buying side feed injectors.

I have some questions;

In this picture you can see the water feed and return on the top of the throttle body. It would appear that you haven't connected them up to the water system. Did you simply leave them open (as they appear in the picture) or did you block them off? Or perhaps removed them entirely?

Plenum2%20004.JPG

Are you not concerned with freezing up of the throttle body on cold wet nights? It happened to us twice (Goulborne & Philip Island) when we where going there for a race meeting in winter.

At the front of the throttle body (you can see it in this picture) is a small vaccuum fitting which from memory is used for the carbon cannister. Did you use it for that or something else or just block it off?

PlenumInstall%20007.JPG

I noticed that you removed the washer bottle and ran the intercooler pipe throough the created vacant space, as per the following picture. Other installations I have seen use the GTR style hole in the side of the inner guard which allow the retention of the washer bottle in its normal location. I assume that you did it your way to eliminate the one extra bend in the intercooler pipe, or was there another reason?

Plenum2%20008.JPG

Merry Xmas

Gary

• 1 month later...

umm yea. i have just done this to my ride.

now the car cranks but wont crank over (stay on and idle).

fuel seems to be getting into the fuel rail but not into the injectors and into the engine.

when the engine is ON, the pump wirrs and the fuel line goes tense...but u dont hear the hiss of the engine sucking up all that fuel..

multimeter was used and i have a circuit to all injectors...and i also have power to all injectors.

has this happened to anyone else....and what did u do.

p.s. i have checked all my hoses and electrics

Edited by r33cruiser

thought i should put some pics up

took me 3-4 afternoons workin on it after work

really the best mod ive ever done,

cost me around $500 all up including everything

before and after shots

cheers

Justin

post-29137-1201295185_thumb.jpg

post-29137-1201295284_thumb.jpg

Daym, just saw your post over a month later!(stupid email notification!)

I have some questions;

In this picture you can see the water feed and return on the top of the throttle body. It would appear that you haven't connected them up to the water system. Did you simply leave them open (as they appear in the picture) or did you block them off? Or perhaps removed them entirely?

Nope, left them open :D

Are you not concerned with freezing up of the throttle body on cold wet nights? It happened to us twice (Goulborne & Philip Island) when we where going there for a race meeting in winter.

Nah, not really. The car is garaged mostly, and in WA it doesn't get real cold >_<

At the front of the throttle body (you can see it in this picture) is a small vaccuum fitting which from memory is used for the carbon cannister. Did you use it for that or something else or just block it off?

I left it open too, but blocked off the little gallery under the TB.

I noticed that you removed the washer bottle and ran the intercooler pipe throough the created vacant space, as per the following picture. Other installations I have seen use the GTR style hole in the side of the inner guard which allow the retention of the washer bottle in its normal location. I assume that you did it your way to eliminate the one extra bend in the intercooler pipe, or was there another reason?

No other reason, pure lazyness haha :D

• Like 1