SAU Community

JJR Coil Packs Vs Oem Vs Splitfire Vs Other

FYI - THENIG - Splitfires have been around $520/530 delivered for the better part of this year :P

I purchased mine ages ago and i paid around $530 from memory.

was going to say the same thing! bought mine over a year ago and pay $500 for them, i think they even go as low as 40,000yen on yahoo auction brand new

Edited by [Michael]

was going to say the same thing! bought mine over a year ago and pay $500 for them, i think they even go as low as 40,000yen on yahoo auction brand new

Yeah thanks guys for correcting me on that one, i apologise for posting before researching more on the forums. For some reason $600 was stuck in my head from what people were asking for them on Ebay a while back. I think i need to invest some time figuring out Yahoo auctions and the babelfish translator.

Im still curious as to what those things are for at the end of the springs on the OEM coilpacks of a 32. I can't remember if the splitfires had them also?

Cheers

Rob

Well, i noticed a little later 2 were crooked not one, but the packs run alright

if you have a look at that thread i managed to straighten them a little by packing them up with washers and they run better than the old ones, but most people who replied to the thread said they would ask for a refund or replacement of those two packs

Basically, i would go the splitfires now if i had the choice but as i cbf getting a refund or replacement these are fine

Edited by GTAAAH

Well i have some issues with Splitfires, the first set died 6 montch after purchase 4 coils startred to die, and it looks like that migh be the case again, either way my Central 20 ECU and splitfires don't like a gap above .8 mm at 15 psi

has anyone done a setup with any other brands of coils? like MSD, Crane etc, etc. there is a huge range of very powerful coils at much better prices than $500 for 6. alternatively is there any one using CDI's or DIS units?? what sort of results r u seeing?

MSD and crane ect. do they make them for imports ect.? i thought they are more for v8's ect.

also by the sounds of things people have had problems with both JJR and splitfire coil packs, has anyone had similar or any problems with the OEM packs???

i guess we might have to wait for a magazine to do a test or something to really know how they perform against each other, as said above some people are a bit iffy when it comes to chinese products but also as said above some of the chinese performance parts are proven to be a good option being a direct replacement of performance upgrade...

does anyone know what the OEM coil packs are priced at???

i was told they retail at 1200 a set of 6