SAU Community

How To Get More Power From A Naturally Aspirated (na) Engine

Eug

Don't need a turbo to have a real car ;)

well i guess just sticking another 3lts of motor in there could suffice...but thats a 10k excercise....not everybody is a drug dealer Nick

• 5 weeks later...

So was that on a stock head. Because I thought a smaller NA engines responds better to good header design.

Well in a way they respond ok (when you extrapolate figures out based on Cc/kw gain) but it's all just a number on a page, <10 rwkw gain won't be noticeable. You might think you feel something but it's a placebo effect.

Have seen (and can give proof if required) many non turbo RBs go 95-110rwkw with an exhaust and intake (fluffy dice and a subwoofer etc).

They just don't turn the numbers needed to move the "heavy" skyline chassis. In my mind $600 for <10rwkw (not to mention the low end loss of torque or the time and money spent making it fit) is just not worth it.

Fair enough. Didn't consider the weight issue. Suppose I was thinking of the much lighter cars responding better to the mod. But yeah power to weight ratio wouldn't change much as you said. Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have a 1998 R34 coupe and im having some weird problems.

The other week i got in to drive it and when i unlocked it problems started,

1. The tacho and speedo dont work,
2. The bell chime for door didnt chime,
3. The interior light stays on,
4. The passenger door wont lock with the button on the remote or drivers side panel.

It still starts and drives fine,
I disconnected the battery and reset the ECU which worked, but then it happened again and again now that trick only works sometimes.

Any ideas thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Best mod for a n/a Skyline is to save money and buy something good later when your not limited by your licence.

The car is to heavy, you will never achieve a good power to weight ratio.

Put it this way, you can spend 10k to get 50hp on a n/a, while winding another 5 psi will net the same but cost a boost controller and tune on a boosted motor.

Best mod would be tyres, handling.

Unless your rich and can afford to piss money away.

• Like 1