SAU Community

Software :)

guys,

looking into this firstly. IF I can get my hands on the consult software for the V35/M35 and IF it will sort out the display (IE english instead of japanese) would there be interest. looking firstly
if it works then I would be doing the cars (as requested) at compliance here in brisbane. THIS WILL NOT FIX THE NAV!

I'm getting 2 or so requests a week for the whole system to be put to english so I may as well do something about it smile.gif

who's interested?

THIS SERVICE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!

Use the info in this thread but do not contact me about this!

yep. waiting on a email reply so I can see what I can change on the chassis/body electrics :glare: could well affect the radio and TV but I WILL NOT know until I get a reply.

I know on my van (2006 holden combo) I can specify where it is and change a few things on it . radio settings being one of them. I figure this one may be the same.

Hmmm. I thought this was dead and buried! I am interested in the method that you are trying. With the setup at a local workshop I can change BCM settings on my 2003 but haven't seen any indication of being able to change anything to do with the AV. Not through the consult anyway. Might just be that we have the old or generic Nissan version(we can't do any NATS stuff either).

In response to your question, if it's cheap like under $50 then I would think the consumer would be interested. If it's a major investment then I don't think there would be huge interest simply because it won't give any additional functionality and you get used to navigating the menus without knowing what they say. Others may have a different view.

With the setup at a local workshop I can change BCM settings on my 2003

Hey SKiZO, you didn't happen to see if you could adjust (remove) the "beeps" in the BCM, such as the door open with ignition key in, or the very annoying reverse beeps on the auto model.

At the moment I'm considering removing the speaker all together, but then would loose all the warnings....

Back on topic, I'd be quite suprised if the GUI programming was accessable through CONSULT, but you never know. I noticed that you can get the whole set up from a US G35 on ebay, but then that would be in MPG etc.

I'd be interested Chris, if you were able to crack it.

I'm looking at the USDM offical consult. its not a GUI based thing. (IE not consult 3) I'm waiting on a reply from a few places O/S before I commit to anything. as for Fees- yet to work that side of it out. to me it would be a fee at compliance. don't want to pay it - no probs. estimated cost of the thing is a 4 figure sum that I would amortize across 30-40 cars.

I'll leave it at that for now.

skizo,

wouldnt mind a chat with you when you have time.

Hey SKiZO, you didn't happen to see if you could adjust (remove) the "beeps" in the BCM, such as the door open with ignition key in, or the very annoying reverse beeps on the auto model.

Sorry mate it's been a while and I can't remember all the functions you can change. I don't want to give you false hope but I do vaguely remember something about that being in there. I'll be back there in a few weeks and i'll test it out for you. ps. I like the chimes! I forget my lights on and it tells me. I don't like the reverse one though...

The beeps when you lock the car were definitely not in there though :D

Sure Chris, PM me.

Forgot to mention the other day Chris, that there is one more faint glimmer of hope on that front.

When you go into the Diagnostics/Settings menu of the NAV there is one menu in there on mine that is greyed out and if I'm correct it is actually the languages setting. Whether it was actually implemented is another matter. Of course I may be totally wrong, but we need the smelly monkey to tell us what it says.

Oh and is it the same for the rest of you guys? Go into the diagnostics menu(INFO+DISPLAY for 5 seconds at any time) and then the settings screen. Maybe someones is unlocked!

post-2302-1195625916_thumb.jpg

post-2302-1195625925_thumb.jpg

Forgot to mention the other day Chris, that there is one more faint glimmer of hope on that front.

When you go into the Diagnostics/Settings menu of the NAV there is one menu in there on mine that is greyed out and if I'm correct it is actually the languages setting. Whether it was actually implemented is another matter. Of course I may be totally wrong, but we need the smelly monkey to tell us what it says.

Oh and is it the same for the rest of you guys? Go into the diagnostics menu(INFO+DISPLAY for 5 seconds at any time) and then the settings screen. Maybe someones is unlocked!

I've done that with the one I have here. noticed the menu you pointed out. this one is greyed out. going to try somehting outside the square. nissan dealership :) still waiting on infiniti to get back (I'll chase them in the morn again.) to me.

theres a few things in diagnostics that point to language but I believe its still software based.

going to look on ebay for a part number to compare what I have vs the 'correct' version.

btw the buttons and screen are just that..

skizo,

the CD's you have - what EXACTLY are they - maps or data?

Edited by Chris Rogers

nice, i'll try it tonight

how do you get out of diagnostics mode?

turn the car off.

bring me a USB stick and I'll drop the service manual on it for you :)

I'll grab a few high res pics of the service screens.

actaully - I'll pull shots off the service manual.

pull the DVD firmware version up on yours - I'll take a few snaps of the one I have here. want to compare notes.

need someone to translate the SERVICE menus on this thing. theres 6 other menus that are not listed in the G35 manual. (CBF looking at the V35 one - too hard to read!)

Japanese to English

There is a ROM disc available in Japan. Nissan part number B8227-C9913 About 10,000YEN.

Not sure how deep the conversion goes may only be for the Sat Nav and not the menus or vice versa.

I strongly suspect it will only work on the sat nav so have not been in a hurry to go through the hassle and cost of getting one. I.E. tell you in english where in Tokyo bay you are driving not Aussie maps etc.

But if anyone else wants to give it a whirl there's the number.