SAU Community

Why Do People Remove The Rear Spoilers Of Gtr's?

menace

Why do it? I dont get it!!

Is there some sort of Japanesse fad to do this that we hooked onto and thought yep, i need to wreck my car like those guys?

STOP IT! If you have removed it put it back on, if your mate has removed his, gently take him aside and advise him to put it back on.

sorry for the rant.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pfft! man people do it cause they want to do it. some like the look and others dont its called personal taste.

It often varies human to human on all aspects of life.

not everyones on the same boat as you. you should know that ;)

Edited by jake33

Is there some sort of Japanesse fad to do this that we hooked onto and thought yep, i need to wreck my car like those guys?

STOP IT! If you have removed it put it back on, if your mate has removed his, gently take him aside and advise him to put it back on.

sorry for the rant.

I feel like shooting these people, When i bought my GTR From Japan it was Wingless , i wouldnt drive it unless it had a Wing ;) Good Topic man..

I just bought one the other day and I couldnt believe how heavy it is ;)

GTS-T's I think look good if its pulled off right but I havent seen a GTR that looks good without one unless it has the lip.

Each to their own though :D

totally agree with the person who started this thread

sometimes being different or unique isn't the best thing. emo's are different, but they sure as hell aren't a good thing!

in my eyes, removing the GTR spoiler is like taking the icing off a chocolate cake. the underneath is good, but withut the icing its just not the same thing.

I'm with you. The car was designed with that aero piece. Why did you buy a well sorted sports car and then decide to ruin the way it drives?

If you want a car for its looks and don't care how it drives, stick to Celicas and Preludes (or Hyundai Coupes and Integras now).

just to make things clear, i wasnt referring to the weight saving, but the aerodynamic improvement. i remember reading about a drag car in japan, it was fast, like in the 9sec bracket, and from memory it had an adjustable spoiler, not unlike the factory one, and when changing from full downforce, to none at all, made nearly 1 full second difference, so removing the stock one would make a difference, maybe not that much but its a free gain isnt it

sorry for the rant.

er i think people have the freedom to do what they want with THEIR cars... you might think it looks shit but they might think it looks awesome...

i sometimes removed mine, got over the look and put it back on for a few months, then removed it again.. sold it with it removed..

they are pretty heavy and prob make f**k all difference under 100kmh

sorry for the rant.

I am with you on that one. It just dont look right...As for weight...heavy ?? try beefing up your arms you skinny weasels out there. I hate to see such a classic butchered...but not quite as dumb as people who put ridiculous 20" + heavy chrome wheels and 200kg of hi fi into a sports car...thats really dumb

my 32 gtst had a gtr wing and other gtr bits, i removed it because ppl always thought it was a gtr n they would get all exited and say to there mates that they beat a gtr, i think some look good with and some look good without, all mine was probaly good for was to hang ya wet clothes off and thed be dry by the time you got too work :P

Guest trikdoutvl

lol its ok to take a wing off but its not cool to have the holes left behind when the wings taken off.... if ur gonna take it off get ur boot bogged n resprayed so theres no holes....

wing off wing on its still a skyline so its all good IMO

Why do people put on ugly ass kits on skylines? Cause they want to! Who cares what other people do to their cars. If it looks like ass, it'll just make your car look better.

Good call, massive stereos, butt ugly body kits, crap rims, no spoiler or massive wang.......yard to swallow at times but you don't have to ride around in it so why care? Some people also like wearing white shoes but It doesn't make me want to belt them (most of the time) :P

Guest trikdoutvl

it makes u look bad as skyline driver,, ppl who go over the top create the image of rice burner for all u jap drivers.....