SAU Community

What Spark Plugs For Rb25det?

J-train

I was just down at my local Supercheap to grab a six pack of plugs for my girl and apart from them not having any guide on Imports and the Bosch site on the net being useless, I am lost.

I have NGK Iridium "BCPR6EIX-11" in at the moment but I want to get the new Bosch Fusion plugs.

I think I need F1-6 but I am unsure especially sine they are $129 for the six.

It is for an RB25DET out of an R33.

Cheers guys

I run NGK BCPR6ES in RB25's gaped at 0.8 mm

NGK BCPR6ES come in 1.1 mm gap (BCPR6ES – 11) and in 0.8 mm gap (BCPR6ES – 8)

Standard boost = BCPR6ES – 11

12 psi = BCPR6ES – 8

Up to 19 psi = BCPR7ES – 8

Over 19 psi = BCPR7ES – 6

^ Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think the wrong plugs have rooted my coil packs.

I changed the plugs and not two weeks later I need two new coil packs.

I actually have an RB25det Neo motor and I am wondering what plugs to put in it?

I have Splitfire coil packs coming in a week and I will be running 10Psi.

Cheers,

Jarrod

yo siddr20....

use bkr6eya-11 there still $3 a plug...

or bcp6rya-11 if u can get those ones..

ther anti-fouling plugs..lol

hence the "ya"!!!

:nyaanyaa:

anyone try using denso plugs?????

which is the standard plugs in Toyota..

i've used iridiums.. bkr6eya-ix

didnt do much of difference..just cost more...

ur better off just buying standard plugs...

run the biggest gap you can get away with. if the spark breaks down (misfiring), you know you need to gap them lower. so 1.1mm is great if you have no issues. if not go down to 0.8mm. it all depends on how well your coilpacks work.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone try using denso plugs?????

which is the standard plugs in Toyota..

i have the HKS S40i plugs in mine. they have denso printed on the side of em.

they are great never missed a beat :P

• 4 weeks later...

the splitfires i recieved in mail today say it is essential to replace plugs with one colder heat range if you have any type of mod besides splitfires(pods,exhaust,chips etc) and should be resistor types,so of the plugs mentioned in this thread,which would be more suitable?

the splitfires i recieved in mail today say it is essential to replace plugs with one colder heat range if you have any type of mod besides splitfires(pods,exhaust,chips etc) and should be resistor types,so of the plugs mentioned in this thread,which would be more suitable?

BCPR7ES – 8 or 11

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Dig dig dig..

Sorry guys thought id dig instead of starting whole new thread.

I am now confused on what plug to use on my stock R33 RB25DET. It has a aftermarket exhaust (3inch i think) Pod, getting a BOV installed and thats it. Boost controller and a FMIC intercooler will be installed and running on 11 or 12psi with standard turbo.

Which one would be best for daily driving if i gap them to .08

BCPR6ES

BCPR7ES

bkr6eya-11

Or if anyone can recommend a good plug thats not $20 a plug that will be great. Cheers

Dig dig dig..

Sorry guys thought id dig instead of starting whole new thread.

I am now confused on what plug to use on my stock R33 RB25DET. It has a aftermarket exhaust (3inch i think) Pod, getting a BOV installed and thats it. Boost controller and a FMIC intercooler will be installed and running on 11 or 12psi with standard turbo.

Which one would be best for daily driving if i gap them to .08

BCPR6ES

BCPR7ES

bkr6eya-11

Or if anyone can recommend a good plug thats not $20 a plug that will be great. Cheers

you already have a blow of valve. Please don't install a different one. ○_○ ......Do you understand the difference of the plugs? The higher the number the colder the plug. I don't see a reason why you would need a cooler plug.

Edited by superben

BCPR6ES (they should be 0.8mm gapped). If the shop doesn't have it, go somewhere else. If you have a feeler gauge, you can gap them down (stores usually stock BCPR6ES-11, the 1.1mm gapped ones). Run 1.1mm gap (factory) if you have new coilpacks.

Oh and Ben yeah I knew it was a different heat rating but when I was doing some searching there was a thread that people were telling a guy to buy the 7s then I came in this thread and its all different plugs so that's why I got a little confused on what to use

Ben I have NGK BCPR6ES-11 plugs so its the 1.1mm gap as you know :) I will re gap them to .80mm.

Nizmo so are you saying that I should leave the 1.1mm gap if I'm running factory coils?

If you can run the 1.1mm gap without it missing then do it. The bigger gap the better. People only reduce the gap when they are running large boost or have old, weak coils that can't provide a strong enough spark

That's what I thought.. I will try the 1.1mm gap an see how I go. It only has 140k on the engine so coils might be fine.

Is 1.1mm and 0.8mm the only 2 gaps I can run or should I try lower the gap in 0.1mm increments like as in if 1.1mm doesn't work maybe try 1mm then 0.9 then 0.8 or is that pointless? I'm new to the whole boost scene so excuse my lack of knowledge haha appreciate everyone's help :)