SAU Community

Y31 Cima

E-Z

so i have seriously searched for months and i cant find jack squat about these cars, i have one and the motor is pulled into a mazillion pieces, so i CBF putting it bck together and i can get a Y31 cima motor (vg30det) for 3k with all bolt ons, ooorr i can get a z32 (vg30dett) manual front cut for 2900...

so. i allready have the AUTO built so im staying auto but what i wanna know is are they any way different from the 300zx motor? apart from the obvious intake maniifold and exhaust manifold, and one is single and one is twin turbo.

but basicly i need to know can i just wack my single turbo manifolds and intake on the TT model and the cima ecu will run it? and have the same size injectors blah blah? or would it just be easier to buy the cima motor and go yay done.. mind you im going to be running a GT3082r and a 38mm external gate so yes it will need to be single turbo i hope you guys can help.

and maybe direct me to some info on the net?

Ryan.

I would probably just stick to the VG30DET motor if I were you mate if you are going to stick with an auto setup....will likely avoid the potential trouble of using a Cima ECU on a 300ZX engine.

I have grand plans to stick a VG30DETT into my Cima when the orignal engine finally shits itself to convert it to a manual(hopefully for some drifto)

spend the extra $100 and save yourself alot of headaches I reacon mate

yeah, its not so much just the extra 100 bucks, as the cima motor is just that, where as the z32 is a full front cut.sorry to be rude but how is the vg30dett any sort of upgrade to the vg30det? but yeah manual would be good if i hadnt already built the auto.. if you dont mind could you take some detailed photos of your engine bay mainly of sensors, loom and the associated plugs, as i bought the cima with no engine in it so i have no idea what goes where, im sure it wont be too hard but some pics would be nice for comparisons.

thanks heaps for the help bud, i think i will end up going for the cima motor, also do you have any pics or translations for the fuse diagrams and such?

Ryan.

Only just bought it but I will sort some pics out for ya.

My mate had the fuse box translated to english so I will get that off him to.

Only advantage of vg30dett is access to a manual G/Box and TT setup.

VG30dett has bigger injectors

aint exactly a huge upgrade on the vg30det though

The BIGGEST (and main) advantage to the DETT is the fact that it comes with better electronics from the getgo, like a maf that meters 480hp (instead of 300) or 370cc injectors (instead of 259cc) or intercoolers (instead of none), or an awesome fuel pump (instead of one that can barely do 300whp).

Both of the engines have stout bottom ends with pistons that fail about the same point (before 500ish whp).

(COPIED OFF ANOTHER SITE WHILE DOING RESEARCH)

• 2 months later...

i have a spare cima that i use for parts and i have quite a few r31 guys wanting the stub axles for 5 stud conversion thanks sidewayscef

here are a few pics of mine, i bought a complete running 88 cima so i dont have to build my shell, any way doing cooler in the next few weeks, trying for a kit and some 19-20s, and a nistune ecu ill keep updating this thread with pics to try help others

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg