SAU Community

Building An Rb26 For Response....

Sorry for reviving old thread but in search of building a responsive setup too, bought the car with GT2860-5 already which i find laggy but don't want to go to the hassle of replacing the turbo's with say a -7 or -9, recently bought Tomei cam gears hoping to get a tune soon with those and get abit more torque low end, car currently makes 262KW, not searching for power atm, response is my main goal for now, any suggestions?

Mods are:

Arc airbox with Stock AFM

Power FC

GT2860-5

700cc injectors

HKS exhaust

Tomei Cam gears

Thanks

Yea,realised that :( dunno what previous owner had planned for it. So I guess if im chasing after response I'll have to look for someone who wants to swap turbos haha

Sorry for reviving old thread but in search of building a responsive setup too, bought the car with GT2860-5 already which i find laggy but don't want to go to the hassle of replacing the turbo's with say a -7 or -9, recently bought Tomei cam gears hoping to get a tune soon with those and get abit more torque low end, car currently makes 262KW, not searching for power atm, response is my main goal for now, any suggestions?

Cam gears and a good tune might net you ~300rpm but that'll be best case scenario really at the end of the day.

Overall the only two 'simple' options to improve the response is capacity or downsizing turbos.

Got it,thanks for the responses,anyone want to swap -7 or -9's for my -5s with a cash adjustment? Haha,read on another thread that -7 and -9 good for response?am I correct? XD

Thanks for the reply, will put up a post soon to see if someone wants to swap -5's for -9 or -7's with cash adjustment depending on condition of my turbo's as i don't know what condition they are in, obviously not expecting brand new -7's or -9's haha.

Keep in mind that was with stock cams too with -9's.

My tomei type b's I'm running now were a bit of a disappointment down low for off idle to 3000 rpm response.

I was surprised how good the stock cams are!

• 3 weeks later...

Got advised there won't be much difference if i swapped out the -5's for -7 or -9, will just waste my money since i already have the -5's in, so adding tomei cam gears, tomei poncams, arp head studs, and valve springs, hopefully after a tune it will sharpen response abit more than it is now :)