SAU Community

Safc Neo Install - Quick Question

Guys installing an Apexi SAFC NEO into an R34. I have the installation and wiring manuals but just have a quick question.

The wiring diagram is as follows:

wiringdiagram.jpg

Now you will notice that there is two seperate power wires (red and red/white) and two seperate ground wires (brown and black). Now if I was connecting up the two power wires for instance do these connect up like the airflow wires - as in you cut the ECU wire in half then one end of ECU wire goes to the red wire and the other end of the ECU wire goes into the red/white power wire? OR do the two power wires just crimp together and both go onto the same point on the ECU wire?

Any help appreciated.

The power wires 'TAP FROM' the ECU wires, but dont actually intercept them and re-channel through another wire like the AFM wires.

Qutie easily installed, you slice the protective plastic sheath, and connect the wire up.

For the AFM connection(s), you cut the wire, and then you have 1 wire that gets the signal, and another wire that sends the modified signal.

I have installed the SAFC II (very similar unit) into 180sx, and Toyota Soarer, and about to install it into my Skyline GTR when it's back from Vision, I can help you out if you have the actual proper ECU pin-outs for your car's ECU :D

B.

Ohh, and there are 2 ground wires, the Brown and Black. They both HAVE to be connected to the same grounding wire to the ECU, and the BROWN wire must be closer to the ECU than the black wire.

Also, you CAN NOT just connect the black wire further up on the brown wire, and link the brown wire to a single point on the ECU, this can cause damage to the unit.

B.

The power wires 'TAP FROM' the ECU wires, but dont actually intercept them and re-channel through another wire like the AFM wires.

B.

Thanks mate - I understand now that is not an intercept/rechannel - but when you say "tap from" can you just put the red and red/white wire together and tap into a single point or you still have to tap the two power wires into two seperate points on the ECU wire?

Edited by colossus

Dont know about the power wires but with ground wires, there should be a 1cm gap between the black tapped in and brown wire tapped in to the ecu ground. I think the same should be done for the power wires. If it was meant to be tapped in together, then there will only be one power wire

Heres more info on this:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sa...html&hl=r32

Edited by mark_sudakov

Dont know about the power wires but with ground wires, there should be a 1cm gap between the black tapped in and brown wire tapped in to the ecu ground. I think the same should be done for the power wires. If it was meant to be tapped in together, then there will only be one power wire

Heres more info on this:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sa...html&hl=r32

Hmm in that thread the older SAFC2 only has one power wire. NEO manual is not very clear on the issue of the two power wires...I definatley concur with you guys about the ground wires though - much appreciated.

Edited by colossus