SAU Community

R34 Gtr Prices -price Projections?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=476481802548972&id=370462796484207

The video of auction

But see how long it in the green of bidding. There was still heaps of people buying at 150 - 180k aud it eventually had to stop

Just a quick question why is the front carbon fiber diffuser white.? If it immaculate con it still should be carbon.....

The blue rectangle above the 3 flashing lights means the reserve has not been met, the red rectangle means game on! Bidder on the red button didnt even stop once the auction ended. Im told his budget for that car was "insane!"

And yes I agree, a car with 5000kms shouldnt be having a painted diffuser and an aftermarket exhaust with mines vents cut into the bar. Doesnt add up for me.

Have a look at the Mspec Nur which has 6000-odd kms that sold for an eye watering price, that car is squeaky clean :) And have a look at the other end of the scale - ¥7.045m for a VS2 Nur in Jade that has done 338,000kms. Kinda sets the tone really.

IMHO, the Aussie market needs more international buyers to warrant the spiked up value these local BNR34 owners are placing them at. If you want to buy a BNR34, buy local and buy now!

• Like 3

The blue rectangle above the 3 flashing lights means the reserve has not been met, the red rectangle means game on! Bidder on the red button didnt even stop once the auction ended. Im told his budget for that car was "insane!"

And yes I agree, a car with 5000kms shouldnt be having a painted diffuser and an aftermarket exhaust with mines vents cut into the bar. Doesnt add up for me.

Have a look at the Mspec Nur which has 6000-odd kms that sold for an eye watering price, that car is squeaky clean :) And have a look at the other end of the scale - ¥7.045m for a VS2 Nur in Jade that has done 338,000kms. Kinda sets the tone really.

IMHO, the Aussie market needs more international buyers to warrant the spiked up value these local BNR34 owners are placing them at. If you want to buy a BNR34, buy local and buy now!

It also had an R35 Nissan badge on the boot. Couldn't work this car out, a few strange little mods for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/10/2016 at 9:16 AM, Hadouken said:

Someone will see it for 50 60k and snatch it due to the fact it's so much lower than the rest of the market.

That's the unfortunate fact of a high price market

Bingo. 

idolized an R34 GTR since I was a child. Am early 20's now but having just built myself a house, will be struggling to afford a GTR at those prices. $40-$50k would be more realistic, but even require financing perhaps, which isn't really viable.

But if you don't get in these days before they're legal in America, the prices are only going to jump further! 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hadouken said:

This is about 34's lol.

Who cares about speedhunters.

would you like me to draw you a picture?

potential investors look to the other models in the lineage to help gauge where prices may head in the future. The price surge in 34GTR's in the last few years would certainly have been kick-started due to the increasing demand of older skylines. Suddenly GTR's arent just in peoples garages, adding aftermarket bits here and there or just trying to get them running; people (and workshops) are taking their time to do full restorations. Collectors look decades into the future, so whats an extra $20-40k to them now for a good build number or genuine rarer colour?

The quality of the skylines leaving Japan is only going to get better on average, the price is going to get higher, the number of barn finds or neglected cars is going to decrease.

Coupled with this, is the demi-god status people are putting onto the 34GTR. Speedhunters doing its fair share of contributions. Which leads me to my next point: look at the cars in that Speedhunters article from a Classic Japan show in California. I don't doubt American's are buying the cars in Japan, probably putting them into storage and will wait till they can be brought over. 

• Like 1

What are peoples thoughts on the range of prices? Are we going to see a large disparity in price reflecting the quality of each individual car, or do we think all prices will simply balloon, just because they have R34 GTR in the name? Obviously prices already have blown out, but my question is whether the US market will care about the quality of each car and paying a price that reflects it, or just paying whatever price to own one regardless. I've got no idea what taxation they get hit with when they import either, and whether that impacts anything.

Personally my budget would one day soon be around the $60k mark. With the relative prices at the moment, if I'm importing that's not getting me much. If i'm buying local, even less so. 

Might as well keep buying those lotto tickets when I knock off work today. 

23 hours ago, RR34GTT said:

What are peoples thoughts on the range of prices? Are we going to see a large disparity in price reflecting the quality of each individual car, or do we think all prices will simply balloon, just because they have R34 GTR in the name? Obviously prices already have blown out, but my question is whether the US market will care about the quality of each car and paying a price that reflects it, or just paying whatever price to own one regardless. I've got no idea what taxation they get hit with when they import either, and whether that impacts anything.

Personally my budget would one day soon be around the $60k mark. With the relative prices at the moment, if I'm importing that's not getting me much. If i'm buying local, even less so. 

Don't forget the saying about buying a GTR "If you can't afford 2, you can't afford to buy and maintain 1"

As for prices look at the examples of below, $20k for a written off one and 2.5 million yen for a 281,000km old, rust holes you can fit your fist through one.

On 10/1/2016 at 11:06 AM, Sick_R31 said:

Don't forget the saying about buying a GTR "If you can't afford 2, you can't afford to buy and maintain 1"

As for prices look at the examples of below, $20k for a written off one and 2.5 million yen for a 281,000km old, rust holes you can fit your fist through one.

That video just makes me sad! 

On 9/30/2016 at 6:37 PM, Terry_GT-R34 said:

I'm hoping that any rises from here on, are small. 

There's nothing worse than seeing an overheated market, only to witness a bubble bursting. That destroys confidence. 

Do you really think it'll burst though Terry? With the US being able to import them soon, and some already doing so, I think current owners will only see their cars stock rise. 

As Hadouken pointed out, when $60k isn't getting you much and the US market is yet to open, my quiet prediction is that I'm expecting these things to skyrocket further (sadly for me!). 

Might have to 'settle' for a 33/32 GTR. 

Edited by RR34GTT

With the Aussie $$ so low against the Yen, it may be better buying within Oz at the moment.

Importers are hurting but then, they are the ones who can tell you which models are the 'sleepers'. Talk to them. 

by the time the us can import them (10 yrs ish) your not gonna get them at $100k.

their minimum $70k now for something reasonable under 100km and $100 for something nice, give it 10 years and then letting the us market loose.

(this is just looking at carsales right now, nothing under $70k as i type)

we have seen r32s go from $15k-$12  rise to $25-$35k

add on inflation.....your gonna be well above $100k in my opinion

the R33 will be the interesting one

Edited by GH05T