SAU Community

Wiring Behind Instrument Cluster Diagram?

You dont need to splice into cluster signal, way too much f**king around if u ask me. This is what i did with my greddy fatt. Remove kick panel in passengers side to reveal ecu, splice into vehicle speed sensor wire for rpm signal for the timer. Ive uploaded an image so you can see which pin it is to trace the wire. Good luck.

ecupinlayout.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem but in reverse.

I need to run a wire from pin #53 to the back of the cluster as my computer is not getting a speed signal.

Dont spose anyone could point this out for me ?

Thanks

I have a similar problem but in reverse.

I need to run a wire from pin #53 to the back of the cluster as my computer is not getting a speed signal.

Dont spose anyone could point this out for me ?

Thanks

Have you opened the cluster and checked the speed sensor is actually in there and not broken? Someone posted a couple good threads ages back about it all, you could try a search on my name and on speed sensor to see if you can find the post.

The wiring loom usually isn't the problem here....

Found your thread and it sorta helped.

My problem is actually because of my old alarm.

The old one had a built in turbo timer and was hooked into the speed sensor wire at the back of the dash.

When i got the new alarm installed obviously this was left out, hence my problem.

So now i assume i just have to re connect this wire with the wire from the ecu.

So would i be right in assuming the wire coming from pin #53 on the ecu (the speed sensor wire) which is yellow / green,

would be the same yellow / green wire which connects to one of the pins in the back of the dash ?

Also if i were to say cut this wire at both ends and re connect them with a new wire would this be ok ?

Cheers.