SAU Community

M35 Compression Test

phat300

hey guys i just got my M35 stag back from the mechanic after a service and i had a compression test done i was just wondering what results i should get normally, i got 125 120 130 110 95 120,

Also my check engin light is on now how do i reset it, last time it did this i went away later that weekend after a heap of drives,

also anyone know why my 4WD light is comming on intermiditly

thanks

Matt

hey guys i just got my M35 stag back from the mechanic after a service and i had a compression test done i was just wondering what results i should get normally, i got 125 120 130 110 95 120,

Also my check engin light is on now how do i reset it, last time it did this i went away later that weekend after a heap of drives,

also anyone know why my 4WD light is comming on intermiditly

thanks

Matt

Not too sure what the figures on the compression test should, but assuming yours is turbocharged, you've got to allow for the fact that it will be lower than the readings for a non-turbo Stagea. In saying that though, that 95 does seem a bit low, and that 110 is a bit suspect too. It could be a number of things, and a blown head gasket is amongst them, at the very least. Blown pistons, rings or conrod is amongst the worst (and probably most expensive).

Not too sure about the "Check Engine" and "4WD" lights though, sorry.

A proper leakdown test needs to be your next move to see what is dropping the compression. Most difference acceptable (in any engine) is 10% between cylinders, and yours seem to be a long way from that.

As for the 4WD light, without more info it is gonna be hard for anyone to make any suggestions other than the obvious ones about checking fluid quality/levels and getting the system properly bled of all air.

The results of that compression test would worry me before all else though.

• 7 years later...

digging the old thread.

just did compression test as common check for my M35.

i got dry test result:

1 140

3 130

5 140

2 140

4 135

6 130

any idea about the result? it is a bit low? i am not good at reading data... LOL :woot::woot::woot:

Edited by YangLIU

digging the old thread.

just did compression test as common check for my M35.

i got dry test result:

1 140

3 130

5 140

2 140

4 135

6 130

any idea about the result? it is a bit low? i am not good at reading data... LOL :woot::woot::woot:

Good enough. If you are curious do a wet test and if you are still worried do a leak down test but within 10% is OK

Good enough. If you are curious do a wet test and if you are still worried do a leak down test but within 10% is OK

tuner just do the compression test for common check because i got new plugs and coils for my car. not curious if the dry test is good enough ;)