SAU Community

Darkest Legal Tint..

aquilius

Im looking to get my windows tinted on my black car...

Everyone seems to want darkest legal tint, but is it hard to see out of the car with that?

I want a dark tint but visibility is important to me as well....

What can level of tint can you guys recommend as a compromise between dark and visibility?

thanks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darkest legal is about 35% i think. with that level, visibility is not affected. thats why its legal

when you start getting darker tint, like 15%, which is illegal, thats when it starts to get hard to see through at night in dark streets.

darkest legal is about 35% i think. with that level, visibility is not affected. thats why its legal

when you start getting darker tint, like 15%, which is illegal, thats when it starts to get hard to see through at night in dark streets.

I had a black R34 import before a taxi wrote it off, the back window was very darkly tinted, couldn't see out of it really, but i suppose in Japan the darkest legal tint might be darker, or maybe he got an illegal tint..

Edited by aquilius

Depends on what state ur in, in SA front windows cant be less than 75%, but NSW (from memory) is 35%.

Even at 35% its still easy to see out of the car, not really even an issue. I get mine as dark as legally possible, but you could always go darker.

My uncle has a new ML350, the back windows on that are impossible to see into, pitch black, however they are clear as day to see out of (even at night)

so my 2c, go as dark as you can

darkest legal (35% light) isnt dark at all.

I went with 18% from Tint-a-car, best percentage. No problems seeing out at day/night

Only slight issue was looking down a dark unlit street to my right when doing a turn.

But other than that its fine.

img1625mediumhr6.jpg

img1622mediumxn5.jpg

darkest legal (35% light) isnt dark at all.

I went with 18% from Tint-a-car, best percentage. No problems seeing out at day/night

Only slight issue was looking down a dark unlit street to my right when doing a turn.

But other than that its fine.

EDIT nevermind lol

Edited by aquilius

I have a black R33 gtst..tinted @ 5%.

Don't get hassles by the cops.

Aslong as ur 2 front windows are @ 35% u can have the rest as dark as u want.

Whenever i see cops i just put my windows down.

It sets the car off real well. espescially with black wheels..but i'm goin for the stealth look.

Up to you.

Visibility..well if i can't see..just a simple push of a button and my windows go down...I can usually see pretty good outside too.

i had my old commodore done @ darkest legal and yeah it was no problems as far as visibility went.. had it done by tint professor, would not recommend!!

im now looking for somewhere to get my 33 done.. is tint a car good in terms of quality and price? their website doesn't give too much away..

i had my old commodore done @ darkest legal and yeah it was no problems as far as visibility went.. had it done by tint professor, would not recommend!!

im now looking for somewhere to get my 33 done.. is tint a car good in terms of quality and price? their website doesn't give too much away..

What was wrong with tint professor? I was thinking of using them... i hear tint a car is a lot more $$ but not sure how much more...

I have a black R33 gtst..tinted @ 5%.

Don't get hassles by the cops.

Aslong as ur 2 front windows are @ 35% u can have the rest as dark as u want.

Actually, it is still illegal to have your back windows darker than 35. Only sometimes you can get away with it, becuase the brand new cars are now coming out with glass at below 35 from the factory.

Your insurance can be voided becuase of that tinting at the back.

I simply get darkest legal all way around so you are in the right :banana:

aquilius - ask the folks who is doing your tinting they will know everything related to tints :P

What was wrong with tint professor? I was thinking of using them... i hear tint a car is a lot more $ but not sure how much more...

some bits were peeling off a tiny bit.. and just the service was terrible. worst customer service id seen in a long time, did not seem professional at all.

Got my R33 done at Tint-a-Car; darkest legal tint is dark but their Bolle tint (like the sunglasses) although slightly ligher offers more UV and heat reflection, hence interior is noticably cooler,...this is really important if your car sits in the sun all day while at work.

Tint-a-Car are also very professional in their work, I would highly recommend.

Go 20%

Sure its illegal, but not obviously illegal like 5%

Plus it looks heaps better...

This is 20% on my car, bear in mind that the contrast with the white can make it look darker....

post-40125-1222761310_thumb.jpg

I thought 25% was legal tint, i have 20% on 2 frnt windows and rear, 15% on quarters. All fine to see out of at night

Mate had limo tint 2% on his a wile back, at night you cud not see a thing out except lights, you had to drive with windows down lol, looked good from outside tho lol

I got my car tinted last weekend form a mobile tint guy around north brisbane.... I got 15% and looks very nice and is dark at night..... Only cost me $260 to do my whole car [R33] pretty cheap i thought and that was done on a Sunday =]