SAU Community

D.i.y Stop Open Door Beep For R34!

R34Liner

Hello Everyone!

A few week ago I was looking at this D.I.Y >> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/To...mp;hl=stop+beep in the hope of stopping my beep - but this method only seems to work on <R33. So I opened up my baby and had a crack - and I succeeded! Very easy - very quick - and no damage to anything - it's just a simple disconnecting of a plug :)

I have Found no Side effects to any other system - I have a Auto Watch emob. and it still works fine - also this will not get rid of the beep for when you leave your lights on and open your door - also does not effect the door open lights on/off function

What you need:

RATCHET

10mm Socket

Phillips Head Screw Driver

Your Keys! <you will see why ;)

(Next 2 items are handy to have close if needed - but not essential)

Flat Head screw Driver (with double sided stick tape with one side still covered with plastic wrapping to stop sticking) < I use this to wedge open anything that is hard to open up - the double sticky tape prevents scratching because its spongy - very useful for when you need to take out air con vents on the R34 etc. as well.

And my trusty Victorinox Swiss Army Knife :)

t_0001139m_6e9c7b5.jpg

(CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR LARGE PICTURE)

Step 1: Unscrew Lower cover

t_0001138m_689594e.jpg

Left Hand Side of Lower Panel (Phillips head screw driver)

t_0001132m_8618887.jpg

Right Hand Side of Lower Panel (you will need 10mm socket)

t_0001130m_fe9c8bf.jpg

Here you will have to disconnect all Wires and thread them through any holes so you can remove the whole cover and put it out of the way

t_0001129m_73ab14c.jpg

Step 2: Unscrew Steering wheel under cover

t_0001127m_64f22cc.jpg

Open the Steering Wheel Adjustment Leave Right out so that it doesn't get in your way - also so that you can move the steering wheel up and down to help wiggle the case off

t_0001122m_be80390.jpg

Step 3: Remove the demand Beeperiser Plug

Your Undercover should look like this now - if not - you have gone astray and need to revert back to step 1 and/or you have the wrong car and revert back to top link!

t_0001118m_d25dda1.jpg

See that white plug well - Now you hear it!!

t_0001116m_559f008.jpg

Now you don't!! - Now just rap that sucker around some wires and make sure the little slider inside the plug is OFF - this is what your keys are for!! Before you go and put it all back together put the key in and make sure it is in the off position otherwise it will forever be beeping :(

t_0001115m_3ee528f.jpg

Enjoy the sweet sweet sound of beeplessness ;) and your stereo when you want to work on your car :)

If you need any help just post or Pm me :)

Aron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Legend :)

Will try that out in the weekend. Main motivation being the ability to listen to the stereo at low volume while working on the car...high volume kills the battery and low volume gets killed by the BEEP.

Was this trial and error for you? with all the tips involved you would tend to think so hehe..

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Cool thanks i just did it!!!! fantastic!

U don't need to remove the lower panels - only the steering wheel cover

Just remove the steering wheel panel (Start from STEP 2), to get to the white connector and disconnect it. Only need a philips screwdriver for the job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im Pretty sure jaycar have a kit that will have your lights work like normal (ie. still turn on without key) but turn off when you take out the key after driving, much like a commodore. Dont quote me on it thought, definantly somthing useful however.

• 4 months later...

wow i forgot i wrote this! - your all welcome! hope your enjoying your beeplessness - and i didn't realize that you don't need to do step 1...i guess i didn't think of starting there :D

• 2 months later...
Will this get rid of the annoying beeping sound when your car is in reverse?

Nope, i don't spend much time in reverse so it doesn't bother me that much. But if you do want to remove it i cant imagine it would be very hard....just find the beeper and cut the wire...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Too late to edit previous post, I had only tried a few plugs cause I was too scared of unplugging the airbag. Eventually worked out the airbag is the bright yellow plug so I got more adventurous with the white plugs.

The plug that controls the key-in-ignition signal is a T shape white plug on the underside of the ignition barrel. It looks like the photo below when unplugged. You can unplug the white end or the other end (small brown connector above ignition barrel) with the same result:- no ignition + open door beep, keep headlights + open door beep.

post-125345-0-32613100-1411825312_thumb.jpg