SAU Community

Nissan Y34 Cedric - Introduction

sbyder

Hey all,

Just bought my 1st Nissan out of 13 previous toyotas.

Of course, had to get the cheapest and yet the most luxuious model in the range. This is the 1st Leather packed VIP CVT Nissan Y34 being brought into the country.

Features include:

VQ30DET (turbo'd VQ30 out of the 300GT V35 sedan)

280 ps (205.94 kw) / 6000 rpm

39.5 kg*m (387.36 N*m) / 3600 rpm

6 Speed CVT transmission (with wheel operated quick shift buttons)

White leather and woodgrain trimmings

Everything electric

Future plans - big zaust, dish rims, dumped and maybe a boost controller.

I personally picked this car out at USS Tokyo Auctions and cant wait till it arrives home ready for compliancing.

BIG thanks to Ben at J-spec for taking me around and showing me the sights in Japan, not to mention taking us to D1!!!

Comments and discussions welcome!

Ben

post-50241-1226530860_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1226530874_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1226530882_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yummy.

I would be taking to that engine bay with screwdrivers and ratchets though - I hate the Nissan engine covers and you have to remove them anyway to do any real work. And its not like they do anything in particular.

Good buy anyhow.

i have 144 pictures of this car on my pc ha ha

its very nice

i was thinking about getting it as a test car but the owner had already applied for import approval.

a cedric went through auction today that my importer was bidding on, havent heard anything back yet though

Yummy.

I would be taking to that engine bay with screwdrivers and ratchets though - I hate the Nissan engine covers and you have to remove them anyway to do any real work. And its not like they do anything in particular.

Good buy anyhow.

engine covers are for ugly engines, under the cover is a mess... the late model engine cover looks a lot better

Definately very pimp/VIP!

On the inside its not very much diffrent from the older Merc S class.

it must have some poke behind it!

Id guess with a retune youd be pulling out alot more than the factory figure

The car arrived on Thursday afternoon last week so it should be arriving to my workshop this Wednesday which might give me enough time to comply it and get it on the road before Christmas.

I will be doing A LOT of development and research on this car and another silver one i bought thats also just arrived. I plan on throwing a good set of rims on the VIP and getting king springs to do me up some springs that fits the vehicle's weight and dimensions. I know the fronts are going to be a pain in the ass, so if I get part numbers for everyone its going to be a lot easier for new owners to lower their car.

I also plan on raising the boost, putting an exhaust and cooler on it and maybe a filter with a better than OEM recirc BOV.

Having driven the boss's Gloria (non Z model) i can say that these things are very luxurious and still have some serious poke. They feel very mercedes/BMW until you put your foot down. I'd say it would match a stock Aristo performance wise.

The Z model which has the 6 speed CVT has 206KW which im sure can be easily converted up to 230RWKW with simple bolt on mods of course, thats depending on how much boost the turbo is rated for. Anyone have any idea what turbo is fitted?

Since they are only sold in the US as a M45 with the Cima's 4.5L v8 i cant find too much info on the Y34 thats in english or useful although www.nicoclub.com and www.VQ30DET.com has been somewhat useful.

MORE PICS AND INFO TO COME!

Ben

PS - just to get you all excited, check out what can be done to this model in the ways of body kits, slamming and wheels...

mark8.jpgDSC_2078.jpgDSC01183.jpg

its good to see someone doing some research on these cars, i am currently looking for a late model Gloria in Japan with the help of Kristian from iron chef imports.

the thing i am worried about though is how the CVT will hold up with increased torque...

the only things i will be doing to mine for a while is exhaust, rims, coilovers and cedric taillights because im not a fan of the altezza ones on the gloria.

what model is the silver one you have?

i have my eye on a 2002 gloria Ultima Z at the moment which is just being checked out.

mine will be a test car so it could take a very long time before i get it on the road

i will follow this thread closely to see what you find on these cars

Silver one is a gloria Ultima. I've only got a couple of pics of it, but they should be arriving to my house tomorrow or Friday at the latest, so new pics will be up shortly.

Cheers

Ben

PS - If you get the top spec gloria/cedric with adjustable suspension, you wont be able to dump it unless you put in some coilovers.

post-50241-1229467793_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1229467860_thumb.jpg

Well they both arrived. I've taken some shots of the massively restrcited exhaust and an overall shot of the underneath of my Gloria. The stock pre cat gets its guts removed and the mid cat gets replaced by another precat and cat which flow a lot better than stock. I will be throwing on a 3inch zaust on after compliance just to make her flow a lot better.

I cant complete any mods until compliance is complete (around 7th Jan. 09') so I've taken some shots of the suspension set up and the lower front control arm bush that seems to be a common failure. 2 out of 4 cars in the country have had these bushes in really bad shape. OEM replacements from Japan are around $240 an arm, but i will be getting a price and specs on an aftermarket fitment as soon as possible. The brake discs seem to also get some warp, so a good machining is also a common deal with these heavy cars. Actually, it has everything wrong that my old Aristo had wrong. Stupid heavy cars!

On a side note, they go bloody well. The Cedric is unreal with the CVT push button gear changes and both cars have torque available right throughout the rev range. Simple exhaust and bolt on's would easily net you a 6second 0-100 and possibly a mid-low 14second pass.

More news and pics when I can. Gotta give them a wash tomorrow!

Ben

PS - more discussions welcome!

post-50241-1230034925_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230034942_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230034959_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230034987_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230034998_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230035009_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230035017_thumb.jpg

These are 3 of 4 Y34's currently in the country. The 1st was a silver Gloria (very much the same as mine) and it was used as a test car for East Coast Compliance and was recently sold by the owner to a QLD guy for 22K plus on roads.

It looks like the Iron chef will have his hands on the White Cedric in the near future, so keep your eye out for a slammed on 19's Y34 cruising around Adelaide in the next few weeks....

Cheers

Ben

PS - Check out the different interior, wheels and light options with the models. All wheels are genuine Nissan and made by Enkei. The VIP models come with electonically adjustable rear seats and electric steering column and automatic steering wheel/seat recline when you remove the keys.

post-50241-1230093483_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093490_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093497_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093504_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093514_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093528_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093543_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093555_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093562_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093621_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093627_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1230093634_thumb.jpg