SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

Just picked up a set of steelies for my Datto and as we are standing under the guys carport talking crap about cars for about 15 minutes looking out at the rain and my Stagea parked out the front, he just goes in a serious voice, "Is that a Volvo?". Priceless!

Lady at servo tonight: "What is your car?"

Me: "What does it look like?" Expecting Volvo answer.

Lady "I don't know. Commodore?"

Me: :huh:

Dropped in a Resume at a Holden dealership, shirt untucked itself as I got out of the car so in front of the door I've retucked myself. Already had a chat with the person I needed to speak with, and was already on decent terms. He saw and joked saying the car was too low. I mentioned it was from the seats being quite buckety and having a low seating position. Mentioned that they were R35 GTR seats and the reaction from one of the other sales guys in the room was priceless.

Exact wording cant be said on here without it being censored but it went along the lines of why would you put GTR buckets in a bloody volvo?

• Like 1

Dropped in a Resume at a Holden dealership, shirt untucked itself as I got out of the car so in front of the door I've retucked myself. Already had a chat with the person I needed to speak with, and was already on decent terms. He saw and joked saying the car was too low. I mentioned it was from the seats being quite buckety and having a low seating position. Mentioned that they were R35 GTR seats and the reaction from one of the other sales guys in the room was priceless.

Exact wording cant be said on here without it being censored but it went along the lines of why would you put GTR buckets in a bloody volvo?

That's gold!

• 2 months later...

Went to grab lunch, on the way back into the carpark at work dropped a nice fat dose.

Sitting there after work knocking back a cold one and one of the other guys comes up "Jeez, that Volvo of yours runs some decent boost aye?"

Yes. Yes it does.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, conan7772 said:

Anyone ever considered snapping off the Nissan badges and sticking this on front and back ?

Cops won't bother pulling you over  :)

s-l1600.jpg

LOL, that's been done quite a few times.  I've also personally seen an M35 with a BMW roundel badge.

• 1 month later...

So I finally bidded goodbye to my Stagea....8 years of fun but it was time to get a new (or newer) car....traded it in and gone to the "dark side" picked up a Skyline Crossover.

My mate was spewing as I could have parted it out but I couldn't have a car sitting at home in bits as space is pretty tight at the moment.

Before I handed it in, I did take it for one last spirited drive...

From one cruiser car to another

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/10/2016 at 5:03 PM, D-750 said:

"So that's your Volvo out front?" Nah mate it's a Nissan. "You look like a Volvo driver, and it looks like a Volvo"

What is that supposed to mean? "You look like a Volvo driver" ?? hah

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So yesterday I was at a car event and I signed up for the Burnout Competition. The look on everybody's faces when they saw the Stagea, as if it was nothing they'd ever seen before was priceless!. At one point the announcer was all like "Well this is quite an unusual car to see. Looks like a Korean Volvo or something".... I just shook my head and proceeded to destroy my tires (I brought my old set along to burn off, don't worry :) )

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Moved houses a while ago, lovely group of neighbours around that love a chat. 
Was talking to the bloke next door and he mentioned he'd seen my Volvo having trouble getting out the driveway (bit of a crest over the footpath and the thing's so bloody long it'll bottom out without chocks in the gutter)

He was gobsmacked to hear that it was in fact not a Volvo. 

Also, having lovely neighbours makes me feel bad cold starting of a morning right next to their living room window :/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The other day at the shops someone came up and asked what the wagon was. He also asked whether they were quick. Turns out he had stopped next to one at the lights one day in his AMG. Apparently he couldn't keep up though once the lights switched.

If it was one of you guys you clearly made an impression :D

• 4 months later...

Dusting off this ancient thread. As a new Stagea owner, thought I'd share that the Volvo sentiment is still alive and well in the States. Was parked outside a pub last week. Random guy is walking by as I'm getting in and he says "I like your R. I miss mine." He assumed it was an 850r. Gave him the same 4-sentence explanation about the car that I give to the people asking what kind of car it is.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Still have people staring at my car every day, sometimes getting a nod or a thumbs-up. Never gets old, even after all these years and kms.