SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

Was driving through the city yesterday and was at the lights waiting. 3 blokes in the pub were arguing about the stag as follows:

Guy 1 - It is a volvo you can tell by the back end

Guy 2 - But the nose is not a box, must be something else like a falcon

Guy 3 - I reckon its one of those new commodores, they come in wagon

Guy 1 - Bet you $50 it's a volvo

Then I drove off, I wonder who got the money LOL

yeah had a similar thing the other week....two guy's having a discussion as they were passing my parked car.

Guy 1 - Volvo isn't made by NISSAN is it?? :thumbsup:

Guy 2 - You idiot, of cause not! But it looks like a Volvo.....maybe its rebadged. :D

Are there really that many simpletons out there???? :P hope they don't breed....lol

Edited by Jetwreck

Blind drunk in a dark alley I could understand the mistake.

Sounds odd saying it, but the volvo has much sleeker lines...*runs and hides.

Either most of these people are utter morons or they're being a bit sarcastic at your expense.

Funny huh?

At the family Christmas gathering, I was unloading the car when my uncle (who works for ProDrive) came up to me conversation as follows;

Uncle: Hi Cam, good to see you. Hey nice Volvo!

Me: (shaking hands) Merry Christmas.... but it is not a Volvo

Uncle: I never thought I would see the day when you would own a Volvo! There is no need to hide it, they are a good car. I know a Volvo when I see one. (walking around to the back of the car) No other car has a rear end like this!

Me: Well then, what does the badge say?

Uncle: It is a sad day when you have to re-badge to hide your Volvo shame.

Me: (guiding him to the driver's seat) Would I also re-program the on-board computer to display in Japanese?

Uncle: I see...

I could not help but refer to it as a Volvo for the rest of the day in elevated tones :banana:

its funny that everyone instantly thinks they look like a volvo. a couple of weeks ago i parked next to a mercedes wagon and i couldnt believe how similar it looked to my stag. everything about it was similar, the headlights looked very similar to my ser2 stag and so did the tail lights. even the roof racks! although the lines of the merc were much smoother and more rounded the similarities were obvious.

where as the stag looks like the mercs evil twin, the volvo looks like their retarded cousin with the only similarities being the roof racks.

Blind drunk in a dark alley I could understand the mistake.

Sounds odd saying it, but the volvo has much sleeker lines...*runs and hides.

Either most of these people are utter morons or they're being a bit sarcastic at your expense.

It's funny because all I see are Volvo's that look like Stag's. . . :banana:

Same. Was at Bunnings picking up some fencing when one of the guys in the wood yard said "nice wagon mate, I've never liked Volvo's, but that one looks alright"

I never liked Mitre 10, but this one is alright....

christmas eve dropped some parts of to a guy and he asked if mine was one of those new holden sports wagons... i was kinda insulted i wud of been happier with the volvo.

And the guys at work when they saw it the 1st time were like why did you put a bodykit on a volvo wagon? I started it and said does a volvo sound like this?

My best "volvo moment"

The Stagea is actually on the GTRoc stand in what is probably the biggest single day car show in the uk called the bromley pageant. There are Nissans and Nissan flags everywhere. I am inbetween a 32 and a 34GTR

The bonnett is open and I am explaining to a sensible scooby driver that yes they are normally single turbo autos.

A guy with a staff and a vest with a Union Jack T shirt (you need to live in the uk to understand the type).

Comes up and shouts loudly to his mates ( who are only yards away )

Cor a twin turbo Volvo - I bet thats quick.

Edited by RSVFOURUK

*Cough sounds like classic uncle sarcasm to me....lol

Some nice work by the old fella

its alright when ya uncle is the nissan dealer for ya city tho :blush: (although mine was more like... "why on earth would you get an import?" "why wouldnt you get a navara or something?")

lol, a navara? come on!!! until they bring out a 3L V6 turbo navara i think i'll stick with the stag lol

*Cough sounds like classic uncle sarcasm to me....lol

Some nice work by the old fella

Actually, no.

Would have been a good effort though :blush:

My uncle never uses sarcasm (he would rather make fun of someone straight up or make an offensive joke at the persons expense).

That's the thing, if he was using sarcasm to rile me up, I would of had a laugh at my expense (if he was successful).

Mine was nowhere that good. I was having dinner with a couple of friends in Sydney and I showed one of them a picture of my car from the back right corner. He just said "Is that a Volvo?" and I said 'no' and explained the concept of the Stagea to him.

See, pretty boring really.

I bet everyone my Volvo joke will out do everyone here :D

I stopped at the lights one day right next to an old model XC70 and the driver winds down the window and asks me. "Wow, is that what the new model looks like?".

I just said yeah :D

So a Volvo driver/owner that thinks my M35 is a Volvo...

hahahah i got one better;

turned up to my first SAU meet one thursday night, up at the first meeting area, someone asks why a volvo came to a nissan meet. stoopid skyline drivers :D

I bet everyone my Volvo joke will out do everyone here :down:

I stopped at the lights one day right next to an old model XC70 and the driver winds down the window and asks me. "Wow, is that what the new model looks like?".

I just said yeah :D

So a Volvo driver/owner that thinks my M35 is a Volvo...

winna :D

oh the irony of actually parking next to a volvo station wagon in a car park... did it today...