SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

I didn't know how to pronounce 'Stagea' until I actually got one. For years I was placing all the emphasis on the 'g', like you would the 'fe' in 'Cefiro' or the 'me' in 'Primera'. I didn't at any time consider that it might be a soft 'g', so for ages people were like 'wha? what's he on about?'

ok so i went and put a bit of fuel in this arvo after work

mobil attendant " Gees thats a nice looking volvo!"

Me " HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA"

mobil attendant "it is a volvo isnt it?"

Me "HAAHAHAHAHAHAH no its a nissan"

Mobil attendant" OOOOH a nissan hey? well i looked at it and saw the box rear end of it and thought it must be a volvo"

Me " yeh thanks mate thats what everyone calls em, no its a stagea"

Mobil Attendant " oh a stagea aye? i havent seen one of them before "

yada yada yada blah blah

Just another day in the life of a vol.. i mean stagea driver lol

I think we all needs shirts with a volvo badge on it and a red circle with a line thru it on the shirt

i always make people guess if they can't figure out what it is... most creative comment was "it looks like the bastard child of a camry wagon and a volvo"

seems half the people i ask now days know what they are. no fun.

D.

yeh it got called 'a new import subaru' when i went to vic last year. i'd also have to say that servo attendants would have to be the most common people to straight out say, what the hell is that??

D.

1 day after picking up my new ARX (and driving it from Dubbo to Adelaide) I got my first "that's a nice volvo" from the motel owner at Mildura. ;)

The fruit fly inspector at the SA border loved it too - he asked if I got it from the Nissan dealer in Mildura. He didn't really have time for me to explain the whole Stagea story!

at a set of lights today on waiting to turn onto nepean hwy.

a business man and a Range Rover ($60-90k range rover) creeps up beside my car, cought him eyeing it off as i look back to check my runroof is closed.

(RR)'excuse me, but i have to ask you.... what kind of car is this ?'

(TJ)"have a guess at what it is" (friendly smile wasnt sounding rude)

(RR)' well i was going to say it was a volvo, but then i saw the nissan hub caps, and the skylinesaustralia.com website on the back window......so what is it?"

(TJ)' its a Nissan Stagea (confused looked on RR)... its an import'

(RR)' oh imported ...i see... is it like a skyline offspring ?'

(TJ) same engine, and driveline

(RR) how much do they cost to get it on the road?

(TJ) i got mine 2nd hand about 6months ago for 15k , can get one freshly imported for around the same price driveway.

(RR) what do you get for 15k?

(TJ) 2.5 6 turbo engine, triptonic auto or manual, heated leather seats, electric everything AWD

(RR) its very roomy i saw through the sunroof, not a bad car, be good for long drives with the cargo space and roof racks, .. i havent seen one before do many get around ?

(TJ) i've seen about 5 in S.E (lights turn green) gotta go take it easy,

(RR) you to, i might look into one.

think he was impressed by it, might even see a new stagea getting around the area and a range rover up for sale :)

p.s sorry for the long post.

Am I the only one thats a bit underwhelmed at the amount (lack) of interest shown to my M35?

When I had the s2 stagea I quite often had weird looks from people in other cars, pedestrians, and some people even leaned out the window to see what it was.

The funniest was when I was sitting at the traffic lights and this teenager was walking across the road with his mum - across in front of my car. He was clearly interested in it and kind of turned his head as he walked past and kept looking back as he then proceeded to walk straight into his mum when she stopped at the other side of the road! I lol'd!! :)

But yeah the M35 seems to "blend in" a bit more - maybe it looks more like a volvo so people dont both to find out more?

My younger brother owns a s2 and was just telling me his volvo incedent,

Old bloke 60's+ pulls up next to him at the lights and says "wow nice car, thats the new volvo isnt it?"

my brother says "er yer" smirking

the bloke then says "I always wanted a volvo"

the lights went green and my brother showed him how good the new volvo's go LoL haha.

As for the stares, when ever out with my brother there are always stunned faces looking our way at the lights.

He also cops the herse comments from our mum haha. Ill throw up a pic of it.

post-43220-1232619794_thumb.jpg

My wife just told me of the 'Volvo' moment she had at the shops a couple of days ago:

2 boys, walking with mum (about 8 & 10 years old)

Boy 1, rubbernecking: Awww, cool car!

Boy 2: What is it?

Boy 1: It's a Stagea, they're fully sick(!)

Boy 2: It looks like a Volvo...

:D

kids know there shit !

dont mean to sound racist but no other way of puttin it.

those little ethnic kids 8-12yrs old know an intercooler when they see one.

they will just stop and stare while you go past waiting for a BOV like there brothers or cousin's car