SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

Spotted this Volvo in a Maccas drive thru the other week; gave him a toot & told him to get out of the way... ;)

1u71.jpg

Also saw this sweet NM35 while I was driving up a hill a couple of days ago.

9eise.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Funny thing I did last week that really spun a couple of people out ,

Think Axis in Silver with all the trimmings.

I put a Merc Star on the Grill and scored some Wheel roundels and covered the Nissan badge on the tailgate, and pulled into a Merc dealer on the outskirts of Sydney while I was up there.
Geezus I had them scratching their heads. Talk about funny :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Picked this up a couple of days ago. My new FG Falcon wagon haha.
The wheels always put people off! But i think they really suit it, just need some nissan centre caps.

post-85556-0-18747100-1446431228_thumb.jpg

post-85556-0-09654700-1446431273_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday, mate driving a volvo pulls up next to me at red light. Couldn't hold on to him with my laggy as F#$% car in 1st... and then it's the speed limit ha.. So yeah, got left behind by a volvo :D

Had one of the girls at work say one of her uni lectures drives a Volvo, and she didnt know they could look that cool....

Also had a bloke stop me at coles just before asking if I drove that Volvo wagon because I had a brake light out, least he was nice enough to mention it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Finally; after just over 3 years of m35 ownership, I have experienced first hand my m35 be mistaken for a volvo - other than the consistent jibes from family and friends in the know, of course.

I was driving home to Sydney from Port Macquarie on Sunday afternoon and pulled into the Caltex at Coolongolook to refuel. Conversation occurred between me, my missus and the service station attendant who was some nice young bloke:

me: "Pump 1 please mate."

young bloke: *glances out the window* "Ahh yep, the Volvo."

missus: *snickers*

me: "ahhh yep, that's the one..... Well actually, it's not a Volvo, it's a Stagea"

young bloke: "IS IT? Oh, sorry about that"

missus: "I can't wait to tell all your friends about this!!"

young bloke: "Sorry I didn't realise."

me: "It's okay, a lot of people get confused."

young bloke: *walks to the end of the counter to take a closer look* "Ahhh see, I couldn't see the front of the car. I glanced out and could only see the side windows and assumed it was a Volvo!"

me: "haha yeah they're similar. My car is an Japanese import.."

young bloke: "Yeah I know what a Stagea is! Usually you don't see them as clean as that. You get a few around here, but they're all slammed and banged up. Does yours have the 26 in it?"

me: *finishes paying the man* "nah, this one's a VQ series, 2.5 Litre turbo." (didn't use the engine variant code as didn't want to patronise the bloke).

young bloke: "ahh cool man. Have a good one."

missus: "I'm telling everyone we know."

I'm assuming the guy has only really seen beaten up, paddock bashed c34's, as he still looked confused after taking in the full view of volvo-esque m35.

Anyway, the missus definitely got a laugh out of the situation.

• Like 1

Not a Volvo moment but my wifey rang me in a fluster as I was replacing the alternator in her Mazda Tribute (trying to convince her we need a second M35).

She was being nice and filling up the Stag for me but could not find the petrol flap button. So of course I told her there was no button just push on the flap.

At this point she started getting in more of a flap (ha) saying she had already tried that. Now the kids were getting feral in the back so she opened the car to see what the little buggers were fighting about at which point I asked if the car was locked whilst she was trying to open the flap? LIGHT BULB! Does anyone else lock their cars when they fill up with petrol? They say you learn something new everyday!

• Like 1

I'm assuming the guy has only really seen beaten up, paddock bashed c34's, as he still looked confused after taking in the full view of volvo-esque m35.

Watch it. I have 3 slightly beaten up C34's. LOL

Watch it. I have 3 slightly beaten up C34's. LOL

Gee, you don't live around Coolongolook do you?? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't believe it would happen, but I'd owned the Stagea for just over a month, when a salesman, helping me load a roll of carpet into the back (with the rear seats pre-dropped,) said "Jeez, big inside!" then "A Volvo, innit?"

I remembered the posts in this thread and couldn't help myself, I started to giggle.

He looked at me, puzzled.

Still chuckling, I told him it was a Nissan, and closed the tailgate.

"Sta-gg-ia" he said, reading the badge. "Is it one of those imports?"

"Yep." I said. "Sta-gi-ya. Japanese. Very popular delivery van in Tokyo, y'know? Narrow streets. Low rooves sticking out over the road. They need something small and slick like this for deliveries."

"Oh, yeah." He said, nodding. Then, eyeing the fat exhaust tips, "But it's a turbo."

"Yup." I said. "Urgent deliveries."

"Aah." he said, as if it all made perfect sense.

God, please send me the next one.

• Like 1

Picked up this stagea s2 rs four v dayz edition the other day and posted a few pics on Facebook..

My smart ass uncle replies,

" You goin into the funeral Business mate ............................

................... where'd ya get the hearse! "

My mum asked why we bought a Volvo when we already have a peugeot 207 and a gu patrol lolaalready started haha

post-142464-14561972767995_thumb.jpgpost-142464-14561973033442_thumb.jpgpost-142464-14561973205077_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...