SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

There is no overkill with these things Paul, sick of shit breaking

All up it was 1200 delivered from the US pete.. Dual springs, locks, seats and titanium retainers

Sounds impressive, I was reading that duel springs "can" save you some problems if one of the 2 springs breaks and can save you some grief.

Mine around 900 so I guess they should do the job, well working on "you get what you pay for" and the fact that they will not get thrashed, well :rolleyes:

I would imagine I should be around 400awkw ish after the build and I wont have to sneak on the thread, if not I will touch up the Graph, :pirate: haha

• Like 1

I would be very concerned if you didn't make 400!!

So would I Nick BUT I just want it where "I" can use it and not sure if I am going to add another fuel pump and maybe a surge tank, I have a Walbro 460lph on now, it takes it hard to 9.5k limiter and if I can get the car to be responsive without driving around @ 3- 4000rpm I will be happy. I know the response is only a gear change or 2 away, but I want to be able to drive it in 6th gear at 60kph but I am not sure how much the build will give me down low??? :no:

Really as a DD it has as much grunt than I really need, well :whistling: , but I want the extra torque from the 3.2Lt stroker build, plus the drivability from the coppermix twin clutch. I have to say since the last work the OS Quad clutch is not a major problem, could be better in traffic.

Now for the brakes, they are Brembos (gold) but are crappy and I would not bet my life on them. It has been suggested the Endless CCRG pads are very good and some quality fluid, what would you recommend?

Yea get the endless pads.. Either the ones suggested or MX72's pete.

Don't get too caught up in the fluid mate, any DOT 4 is fine..it's not a race car.. Just make sure they give it a good flush through when they change it

So would I Nick BUT I just want it where "I" can use it and not sure if I am going to add another fuel pump and maybe a surge tank, I have a Walbro 460lph on now, it takes it hard to 9.5k limiter and if I can get the car to be responsive without driving around @ 3- 4000rpm I will be happy. I know the response is only a gear change or 2 away, but I want to be able to drive it in 6th gear at 60kph but I am not sure how much the build will give me down low??? :no:

Really as a DD it has as much grunt than I really need, well :whistling: , but I want the extra torque from the 3.2Lt stroker build, plus the drivability from the coppermix twin clutch. I have to say since the last work the OS Quad clutch is not a major problem, could be better in traffic.

Now for the brakes, they are Brembos (gold) but are crappy and I would not bet my life on them. It has been suggested the Endless CCRG pads are very good and some quality fluid, what would you recommend?

how much power are u making & is your walbro supporting your power or is it touch & go?

Thanks Joey, now off to work you go :action-smiley-069:by the way if your car is not running, no 400 anything, I think you and Paul sold your cars a few years ago, haha

I am going to do the brakes before the build or the final tune, there is a good bloke up here that can look after that and I will be seeing him today.

Seriously, as for it being a 400kw thread, I cannot think of a better thread to get the advice I need to be able to get the car into the 400kw club, than talk to you blokes :wub:

Hi Marko, it is 345.4awkw modified and tuned for response, it has a worked motor, forged pistons,oil,water etc with enough mods to go for more HP as it is, would have to change turbo and cams, but I want it down low, not peaky.

FUEL, I have taken it to the 9.5k limiter without a fuel problem. It does not seem to have the same grunt as when first tuned,I think my plugs are now blackened up going on the shxt it blows out the back when you start, rich as !

Thanks guys and sorry for butting in :yes::no::yes::no::whoops:

post-52098-0-30578000-1410913761_thumb.jpg

Thanks Joey, now off to work you go :action-smiley-069:by the way if your car is not running, no 400 anything, I think you and Paul sold your cars a few years ago, haha

I am going to do the brakes before the build or the final tune, there is a good bloke up here that can look after that and I will be seeing him today.

Seriously, as for it being a 400kw thread, I cannot think of a better thread to get the advice I need to be able to get the car into the 400kw club, than talk to you blokes :wub:

Hi Marko, it is 345.4awkw modified and tuned for response, it has a worked motor, forged pistons,oil,water etc with enough mods to go for more HP as it is, would have to change turbo and cams, but I want it down low, not peaky.

FUEL, I have taken it to the 9.5k limiter without a fuel problem. It does not seem to have the same grunt as when first tuned,I think my plugs are now blackened up going on the shxt it blows out the back when you start, rich as !

Thanks guys and sorry for butting in :yes::no::yes::no::whoops:

what seems to astonish me is that you are gonna have all the cubes under your belt (3.2lt engine) and with a turbo the size of an Island and you appear to be concerned / insecure about making 400kw???

I think you need to look closer at the 500kw threshold bud

haha, I am not insecure about making the KWs, I do not care, I just want it to drive the way I like a car to drive and if my new mods and tuning for response works I do not care if it is 399.9 or 501kw.

I do not think a PT6262 would be considered a BIG SINGLE, I took off a bigger one because it was a laggy heap of crap :yucky:

My mistake was buying it in the first place( just looked so good) and believing all of the hype and the bullshit from the seller for these R34GTRs :yucky:

BUT the longer I owned it and with a couple of mods I started to like it, now I love the bloody thing and will do what I have to to get the results I am after. :wub:

I do not think this is any different from any of you blokes on the SAU, all good as long as you get what "you want" from your car :yes:

Hi Tricstar, here is the Dyno 345.4Kw, on 98pump, tuned for response if that makes a difference. The 337.9kw is with the old T78 when I bought the car.

everyone says it should be a lot more and I expected about 260 ish but I was happy with the result, the car is much better to drive now. It will be interesting to see what I get after the stroker build

post-52098-0-28657100-1410949464_thumb.gif

post-52098-0-68865100-1410949604_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

VG30DETT

Full house -Jun 264/9.5 (circuit spec)

ID1300CC

GT2860RS (-5) (17psi actuators)

98 fuel
16psi.....400.1rwkw
22psi -21psi ......442rwkw

E85
18psi ....435-440rwkw
19psi ....448rwkw
24psi ....478rwkw
27-24psi .....492rwkw (new record?)
at 4500rpm ............... 840NM TORQUE and virtually 400rwkw

took EBC to 100% and it went over 30psi at 4400rpm ..And was shut down at 4700rpm .
the dyno map sensor only reads to 30psi so it just started to flat line the results on the graph .
it was at
410rwkw at 4500rpm
429.7 rwkw at 4700rpm

but surging!

1fgrag.png

• Like 1

I've always liked the xr6 turbo BUT there is a trade off... my mate made 390kw with his and blew many transmissions, diffs and uni joints. What a torque monster though

Drop that donk in a gtr (only if) = win :)