SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

ive seen them go over 10500rpm constantly and never had a problem with them. I personally have ran them over 9500rpm nearly everytime i start my race engine and they free length and compession tested like new items on strip down.

something a bit more enlightening than saying something is shit would be appreciated.

maybe sometimes items are only as good as the way they are set-up/assembled

yeh my bad

drop them in out of the box (the way jun make them to be) they have too little seat tention. but then i guess if they were 'setup' aka made to work properly, theyd do the job.

in a big $$ head i dont like using parts that need to be made to fit/work, id rather use a part that out of the box works perfectly

yeh my bad

drop them in out of the box (the way jun make them to be) they have too little seat tention. but then i guess if they were 'setup' aka made to work properly, theyd do the job.

in a big $$ head i dont like using parts that need to be made to fit/work, id rather use a part that out of the box works perfectly

like my new favorites...you know the ones...the double ones.

does anyone in this topic make decent power @ 4000 rpm?

according to tyndago's (probably old) spreadsheet, boosted to the max, stock is

good for 250hp @ 4000rpm atw .. that is 180kw.

So I'm wondering if anyone close to 400kw can show 180kw at 4000rpm, or to look

at it another way, sees 1bar at or not long past 4000rpm ..

Street driving unless you're after a speed ticket or a noise violation I think is spent

mostly 1000-4000 rpm, I just spent an hour crossing sydney and despite consciously

trying, I found maybe two opportunities to hit 5000rpm without looking & feeling

like a tool. Ok maybe I look like a tool all the time, but you know what I mean. Street

it is mostly about 4000rpm.

Ill be able to say an accurate dyno figure very soon, get the car back in the next few days. Built 3L bottom, 270 cams, mild porting, ARC cooler, tomei dumps, hks exhaust, GTRS's on 2 bar.

Only thing left to do is add another fuel pump (only got one 044 intank) so thats holding it back

Ill be VERY suprised if it isnt making decent power @ 4000rpm. Gotta love the RB30 :P

Here is a dyno plot from a RIPS RB30DET setup running a Garrett T04Z that passes 180kw @ wheels before 4000rpm, definitely the most insane power delivery of any GTR I have been in. The dyno plot does it no justice, it feels like it pulls HARD from absolutely any revs - its nothing short of nuts.

olesdynoat23psizr9.jpg

thats pretty awsome..

oh and with the springs its not all about seat pressure :P

and paul/brad i was going to just blend the intake squish band to favour the exhaust.... but i decided to blend them both. and i do know a thing or two about engines.... r and d = common sence.

cheeres.

ps. as far as i was aware all cams over 10mm have a 29mm base circle?

thats pretty awsome..

and paul/brad i was going to just blend the intake squish band to favour the exhaust.... but i decided to blend them both. and i do know a thing or two about engines.... r and d = common sence.

cheeres.

yes

and yes

yes again

cheers to you

and also no JUN 10.5's and 10.8's (272's) are 30mm and also their 10.8 280's...the Tomei 10.8's we use are 30mm base also.

Edited by DiRTgarage

thats pretty awsome..

cheeres.

In no way doubting you Dave, didn't know if you did your own heads or gave them to someone else.

Is the head coming back off to do this or is it ready to drop 10mm+ cams in and go??

Edited by Risking

hahaha wasnt having stab :P

paul. are they? cool. what i meant to say is non standard base circle. ie 32mm vs 30mm

no, spare head brad. usual story. cars of the road and im crazy bored!!!! damn rta killing my fun.

A good read in this thread, its really interesting to see how many different combo's there are making this power, different totally different setup's, and they are all different in there own way.

GREAT THREAD.....

There not skyline's still skyline motor's.

Sean's VL calais, RB30 with modified RB20 wiring loam and nistune

Full built engine, rods, piston's headwork ect, you know the drill

T04z

6BOOST manifold

48 progate

JD custon intake with ported runner's

Our own custom fuel setup's

3 1/2 exhaust

Full manual 4speed jatco, 4200 stall

518hp on 24psi pump.

241120081444.jpg

241120081445.jpg

My own VL calais

Full built, you know the drill, but $2500 on the head and cam, spec's custom.

6BOOST manifold

progate 48

35/40 1.06 rear

Rajab inlet with ported runner's

Our own custom setup fuel system's

Autronic Smc with dis4 MSD

Full built jatco with 3200 stall

Still on baby tune as we are moving shop and awaiting our mainline dyno mid feb, should see 480hp. (finger's crossed)

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

Edited by EFI Performance

428rwkw

standard stroke rb26

garrett t04z on 6-boobs (24psi)

jun 272 10.5deg cams

the jun cams are carnts because of the base circle adjustment, it i was to do again hks 272 10.2 or tomei 270 10.2 would be used!!!

wat size rear housing did u use mate?