SAU Community

M35 Dash Tanti

iamhe77

*Just in case this happens to you*

So I was looking at display houses over the weekend and everything was fine on Saturday day & night.

Sunday the traveling starts again, but this time when I start the car, none or the gauges work!

No fuel

No speedo

No tacho

No temp

= no good, especially in this revenue raising state

Anyway, drove it as was (no choice) and noticed that me economy screen was only showing *'s and all data was lost.

Starting to get concerned at this point... although the car was still running really well.

Got home late arvo, did oil change and looked the car over.

Nothing.

Nothing loose, no blown fuses, no visible issues of any kind.

Still no working gauges either, and now the engine light has come on!

Jumped onto G35driver and found a few threads pointing to speed sensor which is linked to ABS etc, etc which may explain speedo & tacho, but what about the fuel & temp?

Had another quick look this morning before work.

Found the solution.

Simply remove & re-insert all fuses (none blown) in drivers kick panel next to the accelerator (much easier to do with little Japanese fingers I would imagine).

Turn key - everything comes back to life.

Anyway, there ya go.

Now I just gotta get rid of that damn engine light...

if theres nothing wrong, the engine check light will just disappear after several starts and a few kms.

i was down the coast (near wollongong) got engine check light - started the car without AFM plugged in - but by the time i got back to sydney a few days later, it was gone..........

but you can clear the code with a consult too!

*Just in case this happens to you*

So I was looking at display houses over the weekend and everything was fine on Saturday day & night.

Sunday the traveling starts again, but this time when I start the car, none or the gauges work!

No fuel

No speedo

No tacho

No temp

= no good, especially in this revenue raising state

Anyway, drove it as was (no choice) and noticed that me economy screen was only showing *'s and all data was lost.

Starting to get concerned at this point... although the car was still running really well.

Got home late arvo, did oil change and looked the car over.

Nothing.

Nothing loose, no blown fuses, no visible issues of any kind.

Still no working gauges either, and now the engine light has come on!

Jumped onto G35driver and found a few threads pointing to speed sensor which is linked to ABS etc, etc which may explain speedo & tacho, but what about the fuel & temp?

Had another quick look this morning before work.

Found the solution.

Simply remove & re-insert all fuses (none blown) in drivers kick panel next to the accelerator (much easier to do with little Japanese fingers I would imagine).

Turn key - everything comes back to life.

Anyway, there ya go.

Now I just gotta get rid of that damn engine light...

you had me panicking cam , i thought what am i getting into, oncoming gremlins, pweh !!!!!! :blush: sleep well 2nite :)

if theres nothing wrong, the engine check light will just disappear after several starts and a few kms.

i was down the coast (near wollongong) got engine check light - started the car without AFM plugged in - but by the time i got back to sydney a few days later, it was gone..........

but you can clear the code with a consult too!

you can reset the ecu by leaving the battery disconnected for 16-24 hours if you dont want drive it that is :blink:

Edited by danwatt

hmm, not sure if I want to do a reset :blink:

Whilst I haven't been "pushing" while driving (but not holding anyone up either), the fuel screen is currently showing an average of 9.6L/km over the 160km's since yesterday morning.

Not really driving that much differently, and yes, I am driving the same route to and from work.

hmm, not sure if I want to do a reset :)

Whilst I haven't been "pushing" while driving (but not holding anyone up either), the fuel screen is currently showing an average of 9.6L/km over the 160km's since yesterday morning.

Not really driving that much differently, and yes, I am driving the same route to and from work.

very nice fuel economy there :)

mine will probably match that on a dead flat road sitting on 100-110km/h with it locked in 5th using tiptronic (holds the revs better in order to lock torque converter and stay like it)....but that'd be its theoretical best i'd say.

The fact yours does it on your route to work makes that a fantastic result :)

very nice fuel economy there :)

mine will probably match that on a dead flat road sitting on 100-110km/h with it locked in 5th using tiptronic (holds the revs better in order to lock torque converter and stay like it)....but that'd be its theoretical best i'd say.

The fact yours does it on your route to work makes that a fantastic result :)

Yeah, funny actually.

When I fired the car up after doing the fuse thing, the fuel screen said 104km's to empty.

Now, 160km's later it is showing 74km's until empty!

Edited by iamhe77

Yeah. Economy is hovering around the 9.5km/L (still!)

The engine warning light has gone.

Checked it last night & cruising @ 110kph on M1 readout was showing just over 14km/L

Don't know what I did, but I am glad that I did!

geez my economy is shithouse :O

you guys are getting awesome range from a tank!

I think that is just Sydney traffic and shithouse sydney roads. In Sydney, all roads don't lead to Rome, they lead to a traffic jam. :)

Don't worry Ian, around Sydney all I get at the moment is 6.9km/L

Cheers

Andy

I think that is just Sydney traffic and shithouse sydney roads. In Sydney, all roads don't lead to Rome, they lead to a traffic jam. :P

Don't worry Ian, around Sydney all I get at the moment is 6.9km/L

Cheers

Andy

Traffic has a fair bit to do with it.

Having said that though, when I first got my Stag I had to travel the Monash "freeway" every morning & night for 1.5hours (each way).

To put that in context, the drive to would take just under 35mins if I worked a Saturday.

My economy back then was 9.3km/L :cheers:

Go figure...

Traffic has a fair bit to do with it.

Having said that though, when I first got my Stag I had to travel the Monash "freeway" every morning & night for 1.5hours (each way).

To put that in context, the drive to would take just under 35mins if I worked a Saturday.

My economy back then was 9.3km/L :P

Go figure...

how many hills and traffic lights are on the Monash freeway? From memory not many.

Sydney is like driving a roller coaster with a traffic light half way up each hill!

I would much rather drive around VIC than NSW except this city has such a great lifestyle.

Oh, and work is here.

how many hills and traffic lights are on the Monash freeway? From memory not many.

Sydney is like driving a roller coaster with a traffic light half way up each hill!

I would much rather drive around VIC than NSW except this city has such a great lifestyle.

Oh, and work is here.

Hills = zero

traffic lights = zero (unless you include the on ramps) - it is a freeway after all (with speed limit changes, many bottle necks & road works - Road Planning = Fail)...

Yeah hills make a huge difference, but I work in Mount Eliza which has 40k zones going up very steep hills, always with round abouts and school crossings and speed cameras (usually on the decline) :cheers:

The rest of my driving is relatively flat until I get near my home, then more hills (better speed though :cheers: )

and yeah, work = happy paper in wallet :P

actually thats a good point, over the christmas break i was driving on homebush bay drive down to king georges road to hurstville several times a week, i was getting good economy, heaps of lights but mostly green and mostly me sitting just over the 80km/h posted limit.

ill drive up the coast again and see what economy i get....

• 5 years later...