SAU Community

Cv Boot

pork hunt drifting

• 2 months later...

Slight problem I am having.... Can't get the "cup" out from the diff on the drivers side.

Been trying to pry it from all sides but only that little groove to put the tip and you can push all day it won't come out....

Any help please?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little off topic but can anyone tell me if the actual front drive shafts are the same as the GTR. Because I am wanting to replace all my inner and outer cv joints (starting to get noisey so figure I'll do all of them) and I can get new GTR shafts online for a pretty good price. This way I can just rip out my shafts and put the new ones in.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

changed all CV boots on my S2 Stag this weekend & have some info re: the inner boot on the passenger side.

I dont have a part number but do have a photo of which I will attempt to upload below. The 1st one is the old boot, 2nd is the new one.

InnerCVbootpassengerside_old.jpg

InnerCVbootpassengerside_new.jpg

Is that a Nissan part or generic?

Generic, I think. I cut the boot off the passenger side thinkin it would be the same as the driver side........NOPE.

I then had to do a frantic ring around to find a steering place near me that was open on a saturday arvo, lucky for me I found one.

They charged me $40 for the privilege. Still I'm not gonna need to change them for ages now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my Cv boots replaced today at CV CENTER in dandenong (free publicity for an excellent service) and I can say do it yourself without proper tools areal pain,think it's not worth it ;but for those of you who still are going to try it some pics...

post-52922-0-42855700-1296872025_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-82667900-1296872050_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-55663200-1296872067_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-96109600-1296872094_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-85566600-1296872148_thumb.jpg

In auto driver side shaft just fits in,passenger side is bolted.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Repco part for LHS inner is 100-013. Just did the Left on mine yesterday. Was nearly up the creek as I got it all apart and Repco was closed. Luckily I know the right people and was able to get one and get the car back together on a Sunday afternoon.

• 9 months later...

I have a S2 Stagea, i'm planning on changing the front CV boots over the weekend.

I have read all of this thread.

Changing the left side seems easy enough, i'll attempt that first.

With the right side I need to undo some suspension. Plus I was wondering how the inner part is attached? Eg how does this come out. Or is it just sitting in there?

I bought some boots on Ebay, total cost around $80 delivered, Might of been cheaper at Repco but I don't have a trade card.

Thanks in advance,

Brendan

By tierod, I ment castor rod. The castor rods have aftermarket bushes, I think these made things hard to get back together. I was considering getting adjustable castor rods just to get it back together. But undoing the lower arm, made it possible for me to get it back together.

Hopefully I did it right. I marked the inner bearing housing placement. But after putting it back together I think I should of also marked the bearing and shaft placement as well.

Now I got to do the driver side. Still not 100% about getting the inner out of the driver side. Sounds like a couple of screwdrivers can do the job.

• 1 year later...
On 05/02/2011 at 1:18 PM, southern_tango said:

Got my Cv boots replaced today at CV CENTER in dandenong (free publicity for an excellent service) and I can say do it yourself without proper tools areal pain,think it's not worth it ;but for those of you who still are going to try it some pics...

post-52922-0-42855700-1296872025_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-82667900-1296872050_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-55663200-1296872067_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-96109600-1296872094_thumb.jpgpost-52922-0-85566600-1296872148_thumb.jpg

In auto driver side shaft just fits in,passenger side is bolted.

Ditto on going to CV CENTER in Dandenong, went there today, friendly and excellent service.

Had the outer cv's + all boots replaced on driver and passenger side, completely shagged.

Car is sooo nice to drive now.

• 1 month later...

My drivers side inner has shagged itself. Time to replace that again. All the rest seem fine.

I'm going to get a Repco boot this time.

• 2 weeks later...

unless you have the proper tools to get the strap tight enough on the boot I wouldn't bother, just pull the CV's out and drop them off to get done cost ya like $100 labour for all 4 and you wont have any nasty leaks and have to do it again.