SAU Community

Ati Harmonic Balancers For Rb26 In A Bnr32

• 4 years later...

Bringing a thread back from the dead

I recently got my car back on the road and have a 1000hp ati balancer on it

Cars only making 400hp

My ac belt has came off twice in two days first time completely gone and damaged power steering belt

2nd time belt came off still in one piece but ended up damaging my brand new radiator

Just normal driving on the street with your random squirts here and there and a few 8k clutch dumps to test out the new diffs

Has any one found a solution for this as I would like to keep my air con for summer

Bringing a thread back from the dead

I recently got my car back on the road and have a 1000hp ati balancer on it

Cars only making 400hp

My ac belt has came off twice in two days first time completely gone and damaged power steering belt

2nd time belt came off still in one piece but ended up damaging my brand new radiator

Just normal driving on the street with your random squirts here and there and a few 8k clutch dumps to test out the new diffs

Has any one found a solution for this as I would like to keep my air con for summer

How about selling the damper to someone with heaps more power than you and then you could buy a 500hp damper .

just curious (I dont have an ATI damper)

IF the proper belt is used and tensioned properly, together with a good condition ac pulley, how would the belt come off?

the grooves in the belt/pulley plus the lip on the pulley will hold the belt in place no?

unless the belt was loose/worn...or the damper was vibrating so much until the belt could slip over the grooves (which is highly impossible cos that means your engine would have been destroyed)

I would check the belt tension and make sure the ac is properly tightened :)

Defiantly have the right balancer

Why would I sell it and get the 500hp one?

I been doing some research and ati them self's don't recommend high rpm with the ac belt on I think this is due to being smaller then standard and the pully is spinning alot faster

So I might leave it off for now and when it starts getting hot I'll put it back on and just take it easy

Everything is tensioned right and correct belts are being used

Ditch the A/C prob solved.. I also have a ATI 1000hp balancer and im getting rid of my A/C as i wont be needing it anymore. If the car is going to be used purely for weekends im pretty sure you can survive with out A/C ?

Edited by Tyranus

Yeah that's what I'm going to do now I was trying to build a nice comfortable street car but who am I kidding I have front and rear lsds and a twin plate clutch

I'll keep the ac in for now and when it gets hot I'll put the belt back on

Why would I sell it and get the 500hp one?

Because you said this:

2nd time belt came off still in one piece but ended up damaging my brand new radiator Has any one found a solution for this as I would like to keep my air con for summer

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old thread

I got an ATI 1000hp balancer on my hks 2.8 stroker, had the ac belt come off on the Dyno, put a new belt on and 2 squirts later on the street found my ac belt has flipped upside down on the pulleys

Anyone know why? I just cut it off for now as its winter but ultimately I do want a working ac system and that I can drive the car without it always damaging belts

Ac tensioner has a new bearing

They warn you in the instructions about the a/c being overdriven and the belt should be removed when racing, not sure if that has anything to do with it though

They warn you in the instructions about the a/c being overdriven and the belt should be removed when racing, not sure if that has anything to do with it though

Is that in turning on the AC or not? I can get any firm clarification. Would it matter if the AC was not engaged? Would it be the same as a stock balancer at 10,000 RPM?

I have herd you need to remove it for racing but my mate has same engine and balancer and it revs to the moon and always hitting limiter and never has issues so dunno why mine would through a belt after Afew squirts

Annoying