SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I've built a a pair for Chequrered tuning's LS1 V8, that is mainly getting the advantage of running extra timing for the high comp V8. I'm awaiting on the manifold for my GTR, So I don't currently have a result for this particular turbocharger. Are you looking for some thing that suits a Rb20det?

How ever I have do have an result using the exact same compressor and turbine, except been in a VNT housing. You can reference to the ATR43SS4-Alpha model. That would give you an approximate peek power and boost to power ratio.

While I'm in here, I have twin GT-RSs on my RB2630 and the rear wheels are choking it up top, is there an option to fit a bigger turbine wheel ?

Just a quick update. I'm in the process of making a 55mm exhaust wheel for SR20det motor. That is a mm a side bigger then your GTRs turbine all around. I will doing some evaluations ready, they should be the solution for your current issue on the Rb2630 and pickup more mid / top rang torque also.

Some updates. Those are videos sent in by John Reco, fastest lap SAU VIC track day last week. Fastest lap:

fronts.jpg
Hypergear 21U highflow turbo on standard manifold
Havoc custom pipework and exhaust
Chequred Tuning 300kw responsive tune E85
Motul Fluids 8100 15w50, Comp Gear Oil & RBF600
Tyrepower Frankston wheel alignment
4.3 Diff gears
285/30 R18 Yokohama Neova AD08R

• Like 1

Should be able to customize turbine housings. Depending on what sort of car it is for.

comps.jpg

Further development into the ATR28SS Alpha Series based my S14 with a SR20det motor using BC S2 cams.

This is a base line for CBB SS2 Alpha version, Vnt is not current engaged. Final result of 302rwkws on 24psi P98 fuel.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

SS2 Alpha Base line compare to Standard SS2:

ss2vspower.jpg

Makes the same amount of power, but is slightly more responsive.

ss2vsboost.jpg

Base line Vs Garrett GT2871R in .64 rear:

powerv2871.jpg

boostv2871.jpg

Its currently making 190rwkws and 21psi @ 4000RPM. It drives pretty good the way it is. The goal would be matching the GT2871 curve without losing any top end.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am helping someone make their RB25 Skyline go a bit quicker, so after much discussion the choice to go with an ATR43-SS2 was made - as soon as we nut out how to best pay across international borders we may have the first Hypergear turbo on NZ soil that I am aware of. Looking forward to checking one of these things out in person after all the discussion, and will be nice to have first hand experience of the SS2 :)

If I'm allowed I'll post results after we are done with it - will be internally gated, stock manifolds all around, BP98 on a stock internal RB25.

• Like 1

Depending on how lenient the dyno is he will be getting about 340-370 hp around there, varies alot with dyno's.

Thats at 16-20 psi

I'll be tuning the internally gated one on BP98 with a Dynapack hub dyno, probably not as tough an audience as you guys are overall used to - though similar to some. Will probably go for around 18psi, but will see how knock limited it is and decide whether to go higher from there.

SS1PU Internal Gate will do it, I personally prefer to run an external gate because you can sneak in more timing

Thanks

Is the ATR43ss2 a lot bigger or ok for what I'm looking at? Don't mind going external gate, prob off exhaust housing.

This is for a track car.