SAU Community

2 Din Cheap Gps Audio

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought one similar off ebay for my last car and it came from hong kong (touchscreen, GPS, TV, DVD) and it was great. played everything: divX, mp3s, WMA quicktime, played from dvd's, SD cards, USB thumbdrive. GPS worked fine, bluetooth for the phone was fine also. In a nutshell it was a great buy compared to $1000+ for a name brand unit. I could burn dozens of DivX movies onto a DVD and had hours of entertainment.

The instructions were a bit engrish and took a bit of work to figure out some of the bluetooth stuff but everything else was simple.

IMHO.

• 1 month later...

So i cheaped out and bourght the cheap HK Ebay one... And i am surprisingly happy with it :yes:

once i re-arrenged the front speakers to come out of the rear channel and vice versa, it made the GPS SO MUCH better.

All in all its certainly no $2000+ 7" GPS Touchscreen Audio Player... but hey, it does the job nicely.

There's been a request to see it installed so this is it.

This is the one i purchased...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-2-Din-Car-DVD-Pla...%3A1%7C294%3A50

05072009344.jpg

05072009345.jpg

05072009346.jpg

05072009347.jpg

05072009351.jpg

It fits nicely, but the gear stick gets in the way when you eject disk in 1st, 3rd and 5th, but that woulde happpen with any Dub Din stereo i guess.

The sound quality is great too, i don't have it through running an amp, just through Focal 6.5" fronts, and it still sounds very clear at high volume

can you please take close up shots of its front and also tell us the brand/model# if known? There are quite a few of these yumcha units on ebay both from HK and local ranging from $200 to $500 and visually there doesnt appear to be any difference between them except price

can you please take close up shots of its front and also tell us the brand/model# if known? There are quite a few of these yumcha units on ebay both from HK and local ranging from $200 to $500 and visually there doesnt appear to be any difference between them except price

CHECK OUT THE LINK ABOVE THE FIRST PICTURE!!!

• 2 weeks later...
check the link above the first picture.

it has GPS built in, and is surpisingly good.

Hi mate, do they have the latest OZ GPS map? Do they have USB function as well? And are the bluetooth, GPS sutff any good(reading maps fast enough so u wont miss ur distination) and easy to install?

Edited by Obelisk

Hi mate, do they have the latest OZ GPS map? Do they have USB function as well? And are the bluetooth, GPS sutff any good(reading maps fast enough so u wont miss ur distination) and easy to install?

Yes it has USB, it isnt so good because its at the front and has the "Generic Camera Plug" on the face of the sterio, they give you the adaptor cable with it...

I havn't even tried out the bluetooth...

and the map on it is well up to date, i havn't tried to update it yet. and it is MUCH quicker than my NAVMAN when it comes to directing you around the place, really quick on getting you back on track when ya miss the turn :P

the restriction to a max of 2GB SD card i would say is the biggest bummer with it, but then again, it was only $470 :P

I actually had one of these in my 33 for a while its a great unit the only thing i didnt like about mine was went u played mp3 cd's the backing colour was a greeny blue and was super bright at night and it lit up the whole cabin and thats the only thing i didnt like about it..... but the rest of it was great and only costs me $280 Inc postage of ebay

SSS.jpg

Anyone know if when this says iPhone ready, if the bluetooth will connect to iPhone and allow you to do dialling through the unit?

Really interested in getting one of these too given the feedback so far!

Pat, now that you've had it in for a while longer, is there anything else you found annoying about the unit?

Is there any info on how to update maps later on? Do you just have to download maps from "other sources"?

Also.. how does the TV reception fare?

Edited by UnCo