SAU Community

Mongoose M80g Turbo Timer/boot Release

lench

Hi Guys,

I just had my R34 fitted with a Mongoose M80G but it appears that the turbo timer function doesnt work.

ive turned the ignition and hit the speaker button on the remote, it chirps to confirm its on but when i turn the key to switch it off, the car turns off straight away. was there anything specific that the auto electrician didnt hook up?

as im new to the inner workings of the skyline, is the boot release electronic? or by cable?

if its electronic, do i simply run a wire from the boot release line on the alarm to the switch next to the drivers seat? or is there something im missing?

as you can all see im rather happy with the job the auto electician has done :down:

Edited by lench

Read the manual. You have to turn on the turbo timer feature, I think you need to press the remote while ignition is on or something, I have only done a couple of the new ones and I'm used to the Autowatch version.

As for the boot release the R34's have mechanical boot release (cable driven) unless you paid extra and had a boot release solonoid fitted in the rear, then you don't have boot release.

yep already tried to do that :down: turned the ignition on, pressed button 3 (the little speaker button), alarm chirps once to confirm its on, turned the car off but the engine stops straight away

edit: thanks for the info on the boot release :D (as i said im pretty new to skylines in general)

Edited by lench

is the turbo timer part of the alarm, or a stand-alone?

in my case, i switch the turbo timer on (standalone, was wired up to work with the alarm), take the keys out of the ignition, car continues to idle. get out, close the doors, hold down the lock button on the alarm for 3 secs or so, till it beeps, the doors lock, and thats it. once the turbo timer switches off, the immobilizer kicks in.

Edited by Munkyb0y

I use to install these alarms and from what i know it has to be wired to a certain immobilisation circuit (Circuit 1) on the alarm for it to work and also needs a Read the instruction manual http://mongoose.com.au/media/168798/M80series2009.pdf for more information...

Where abouts are you located i might be able to help you fix it CHEAP if your in melbourne as i use to install around 1 of these alarms a week when i worked in car audio just pm me your information

• 2 months later...

Hi All

sorry about the grave dig but i decided to look back into this issue instead of spending a rediculous amount of money getting an autoelec to look at it for me

i noticed in the manual that there are 3 sets of immobiliser terminals (guessing one for IGN, oil and elec)

if i tracked down which one was hooked up to the ignition and simply swaped it into immobiliser circut #1 would this work?

do i have any danger of frying anything if i do this or is it a simple swap? (battery will be disconnected of course)

plus i am planning on putting in a remote boot release solenoid. has anyone set one of these up before and still was able to use the manual lever in the cabin?

edit: sorry cavell, im in Sydney :)

Edited by lench

I would. if you make a mistake with it then you will be pulling the whole lot out to ID a wire.

if its a late model one then theres a lot more to it than tying to IMM1.

as for boot release. can't easily retain the inside lever. find a late model magna and grab the release system off that.

as to doing it yourself lench, i wouldnt i wuld goto either chris or daniel, They know what there doing and if anything does happen to go wrong they would have a much better idea as to how to fix it, it shouldnt take long provideing that it is all wired corrently to being with.

Hope you have good luck with it

Cavell

• 7 months later...

Hey all, just wanted to bump this as I'm experiencing the same problem.

Just installed an M80s to my S13 and liked the bonus of a built-in timer but I can't get mine to work either.

I made sure that IGN was going to the 1st set of contacts and that the ignition sense wire was connected before the cut but I still can't get it to work.

I've gone into the programming options and set the timer for 1 minute (down from 2 from factory) and hit button 3 while the ignition was on and got the single chirp to confirm it was active but the ignition still turns off right away with the key.

Even tried hitting button 3 to get 2 chirps incase it was a misprint in the manual but still, no dice.

Anyone? Thought it may have been due to the ignition sense on the wrong side of the cut but according to the manual, it's correct (on the key side of the cut).

I haven't gotten into it again but maybe the contacts need to swapped? Would that make a difference? I've got the live side (key side) on the top and the dead side on the bottom then the second set of contacts for the starter cut directly below on relay #2.

Yeah, I worked out that it'll cut out straight away if a door is opened. Turn the key off first then open a door and it'll work fine.

Strange but that's what I've worked out on mine. Nothing in the manual stating this though...

• 2 months later...
Hey all, just wanted to bump this as I'm experiencing the same problem.

Just installed an M80s to my S13 and liked the bonus of a built-in timer but I can't get mine to work either.

I made sure that IGN was going to the 1st set of contacts and that the ignition sense wire was connected before the cut but I still can't get it to work.

I've gone into the programming options and set the timer for 1 minute (down from 2 from factory) and hit button 3 while the ignition was on and got the single chirp to confirm it was active but the ignition still turns off right away with the key.

Even tried hitting button 3 to get 2 chirps incase it was a misprint in the manual but still, no dice.

Hi mate, iv got the same M80G but how do i turn the turbo timer on for 1 minute only? i cant handle the 2 min turbo timer. Can you advise me on what to do mate?

Read the manual. You have to turn on the turbo timer feature, I think you need to press the remote while ignition is on or something, I have only done a couple of the new ones and I'm used to the Autowatch version.

Agree.

Everything is suppost to be written in the manual

• 4 years later...

I know this is a very old thread but just in case someone else needs it, to turn on/off the turbo timer for the m60 and I believe m80, you have to press both button 2 and button 3 simultaneously while the ignition is on.

Also, here are the programming instructions

(Note: this is from my m60 manual)

Drivers door must be open

Within 15 seconds of opening the door (note: Seems to really just be within de-arming the immobiliser), turn the ignition ON/Off the number of times for the programming feature (e.g. 3 times for remote code learning)

Siren will then chirp the same number of times as the programme number.

Press button one to turn the feature ON siren chirps once, lights flash once.

Press button two to turn feature OFF siren chirps twice, lights flash twice.

Leave system for 10 seconds system quickly chirps 3 times (lights flash 3 times) to show exit of programming mode

Ign on/off Feature Button one (on) Button Two (Off)

3 Remote code learning

4 Ignition Door Lock ON OFF

5 Siren Chirps ON OFF

6 Turbo Timer Each press = 1 minute

Siren chirps for minutes set, max 5 mins

7 Last Door Arming ON OFF

8 Door Diagnostics ON OFF

9 Engine Immobiliser ON OFF

10 Siren or Horn Siren Horn

11 CDL Pulse 0.8 Sec 3.5 Sec

12 NSW Siren Timing ON OFF

(CDL = Central locking)