SAU Community

Xbox 360 Wired Controller Won't Work

bozodos

Well I finally get my repaired 360 to work yesterday, then find that the wired controller which I bought brand new on Ebay and tested fine on my PC either wants to sit there with 4 green lights flashing, or occasionally two.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do? (other than replace it)

Are you playing next to a radio or a big generator that might block the wireless frequency.

hahahaha. Sorry couldnt resist.....So it works fine on PC...but just circles the green lights when connected to ur 360...Can u turn the xbox on when holding down the xbox centre button?...

syncing is only for wireless, and yeah i've tried turning the xbox on with it - funny thing is that it works perfect sometimes for say a minute, and then starts blinking all 4 lights, or I turn the xbox off and it then turns the xbox back on at random by itself.

Have you tried taking out the HDD and putting it back in? I've heard that that can sometimes fix it.

But I've also heard that people have been getting problems when their boxes came back after RROD, did you have to send yours in?...Maybe try calling Microsoft?

Funnily enough I just did a RROD fix on mine (well not quite RROD but video and no audio), the controller was bought brand new on Ebay so don't know if Micro$loth warranty will cover me there. I have tried putting on / taking off HDD once though, might try it again later.