SAU Community

Car Revs Drop And Come Back Up

SKYTYM

yeh when i went from an atmo bov to the stock one again it kept idling really bad. tried clening aac valve and afm and a couple of other things

then reset ecu and it was all good

no for fear of repeating myself to many times ill end it here lol

as for the AAC valve location, i looked it up again (it's been about 3 years since i had my 33 so i'm a bit rusty on locations of things). the AAC is attached to the side of the IAC. if you look at the back of the plenum you will see a round cylinder about 1 inch wide pointing towards the passenger side with a plug on it, and just behind it what looks like a really long nut with a plug in the end of it. the round cylinder is the AAC solenoid. the other is the IAC. you remove the whole unit with 3 bolts (i think they are 12mm, maybe 13mm) and 1 or 2 of them are located under the unit. then disconnect the plugs and hoses. the AAC i think is held on by 2 small phillips head screws. give the whole unit a good spray with carby/throttle body cleaner. then stick it back together and install the unit back in the car. after doing this it is best to readjust the idle which you need to lock the car into base idle mode. this can be done without a consult but i can't remember how. has something to do with bridging 2 wires in the consult plug.

This man knows his stuff, listen to him.

I can say from yesterday's experience it's a 10mm bolt.

I did the aac clean and adjusted my idle... I'm idling at 700 now and it doesn't drop to nearly stalling anymore when going from say 4th gear -> neutral. Wicked.

Hey Dudes and Dudesses Well i changed my fuel filter and spark plus and clean the the body with carby spray and then my idle problem went away. But then just yesterday another problem happened my car felt like its lost 20-30% power and it sounds like a WRX, when i go over 4gran it trys to find it self but sounds really f**kt up it really rumbles like a WRX engine. I dont know if its an exhaust problem or a engine problem gonna go to the mechanics today to check it out. Bloody hate spending money on problems :D