SAU Community

Wiring My Rb25det Into My R31 Help ?

hey guys i need some help or a diagram that shows how to do the wiring from my rb25det loom to ignition on my r31 already had a rb20det redtop in it so would the wiring be the same or different?

i already have the ecu part done but i'm stuck on the ignition part & not sure where to start any help would be great!!!!

i'v put some pic's of the plug/wires i'm talking about!!!

cheers guys luke

Photo-0086.jpg

Photo-0084.jpg

Photo-0083.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know how to do this wiring to get it to run will pay cash!!!! i'm on the northside (chermside)

I have done an RB20 silver top into my R31 passage 9yrs ago. Can't remember the details but I will be able to sort it out. I will need both the orginal RB20 harness and the RB25 harness and I will remove the necessary wires and plugs from the original loom and integrate them into the RB25 loom making a "plug'n'play" loom. Currently charging $350 + postage. I am on Brisbane southside.

I regularly do RB25 engine conversion looms for SAU members with R32's, Cefiros and now VL's.

I have done an RB20 silver top into my R31 passage 9yrs ago. Can't remember the details but I will be able to sort it out. I will need both the orginal RB20 harness and the RB25 harness and I will remove the necessary wires and plugs from the original loom and integrate them into the RB25 loom making a "plug'n'play" loom. Currently charging $350 + postage. I am on Brisbane southside.

I regularly do RB25 engine conversion looms for SAU members with R32's, Cefiros and now VL's.

i don't have the original harness, & i would rather someone come out to me in the area (CHERMSIDE) & do it as the loom is already in placeon the car!!!!

i don't have the original harness, & i would rather someone come out to me in the area (CHERMSIDE) & do it as the loom is already in placeon the car!!!!

You can make do without the original harness. I would recommend removing the loom from the car as the time it will take you to remove the RB25 loom is time you will easily save modifying it out of the car. The main power feeds for the RB25 are sourced from in the car and I am confident they are sourced from the engine bay on the NICS RB20 loom.

It would be easiest to open the RB25 loom and add new power feed wires which run to the engine bay. If you really don't want to do this you will probably need to run the power feeds separately into the passenger footwell for connection to the RB25 plug. I like things to be tidy but that is just me.

Hope this helps

You can make do without the original harness. I would recommend removing the loom from the car as the time it will take you to remove the RB25 loom is time you will easily save modifying it out of the car. The main power feeds for the RB25 are sourced from in the car and I am confident they are sourced from the engine bay on the NICS RB20 loom.

It would be easiest to open the RB25 loom and add new power feed wires which run to the engine bay. If you really don't want to do this you will probably need to run the power feeds separately into the passenger footwell for connection to the RB25 plug. I like things to be tidy but that is just me.

Hope this helps

yeah i know what ya saying but i'm just trying to get the car done by powercruise that's all...

i might of found a guy that will do it for $250 but if he cant ill get back to you mate cheers for the help