SAU Community

Vq30dd In M35 Servicing?

chad bob

I'm unsure of whether you guys will be able to help or not as the VQ30DD Stag is not available in Aus but I need some info.

I'd like to do a service on the girl, but I can't seem to find any info on what oil grade, volume is required, if I had to guess I'd just throw 4L of the most expensive stuff I can find at it, but it would be helpful to know what the reccomendation is.

I believe that the VQ35DE uses just under 5L and the VQ25DET uses 5L.... so I would say that 5L would be good.

You could get away with 4L (I have in mine, once), but you should be safe with 5L.

*EDIT*

Just double checked the G35 manual, 4.7L when changing oil & filter.

Edited by iamhe77

i thought the exact same thing!

till i found out there are no diesel VQ engines, and the 'di' means Direct Injection. Easy mistake to make with how common diesel engines are now!

its not diesel

the 'DD' is for direct injection. the injector injects into the cylinder instead of the intake manifold as the air is being drawn in

But the question remains - how's it go, and how's it on fuel?

But the question remains - how's it go, and how's it on fuel?

1580Kg, RWD, no TC, 191Kw, 324Nm. You do the math, rapid enough to cause trouble. :D

Effectively i can barely tell the difference in thrust between the VQ25DET and VQ30DD probably because the VQ25DET stags are carrying 100Kg extra in 4WD gear.

Fuel consumption 11 - 12 L/100Km town. 8-10 L/100Km open road.

in answer to your question, my service manual has arrived (aftermarket like a hayes manual) but i have to get to the post office today by 5 to collect it. so assuming i make it there in time, ill be able to tell you tonight!

in answer to your question, my service manual has arrived (aftermarket like a hayes manual) but i have to get to the post office today by 5 to collect it. so assuming i make it there in time, ill be able to tell you tonight!

Awesome!

That would be very helpful.

On another note, I unbolted the back box last week (2 bolt flange next to the diff) and oh man do these NA VQ 's sound sexy with no back box!

I took it to the fabricators to get measured for a straight pipe to stock tips to replace the back box and they said it sounded almost identical to the Gallardo that they had in the shop a few days previous.

I drove it for a few days like that, not overly loud TBH, does need a small silencer though to stop droning.

Edited by chad bob

sorry dude, the book i got wasnt what i thought it was for $13 its not all that bad tho!!

turns out its a chassis assembly and alignment book for an M35. not much mechanical stuff in there sorry! but a panel beater might find it helpful........

also have the genuine nissan wiring diagram workshop manual for M35 :P has all the schematics for the entire car inc satnav, tv blah blah. ill check again to see if its got the ECU schematic that may assist with SAS and remapping.

Yuh and theres a whole heap of VQ's on the roads running factory oil and blowing it all out the exaust before the next service.

yup they use oil! If you don't get the viscosity just right, it's a bit of a design fault in a perfect engine.

Yuh and theres a whole heap of VQ's on the roads running factory oil and blowing it all out the exaust before the next service.

yup they use oil! If you don't get the viscosity just right, it's a bit of a design fault in a perfect engine.

I think most goes out the breather, especially in the turbo. You should have seen the amount of oil in the cooler piping after a month. I have fitted a catch can so I will know how much next oil change. Also theres the leak into the plugs problem common with VQ.