SAU Community

R34 Gtr New Key Coding To Nats System

BookyVL

I have the red area at the base of the key, but I'm not sure if coding a new key would work as the car has an aftermarket alarm and I only have the remote for that alarm - so unsure if coding a new key would work with this??

if the car starts with that key then its coded to it. car WILL NOT start with an uncoded key. alarm will make no difference to that.

I meant more for coding a new key, with the steps outlined earlier

"1.get in the car and manually lock the door

2.insert the key in and out of the ignition switch 6 times,the doors will unlock by themselves

3.Insert the key without losing rythme and turn to acc,and relock dors manually,then push the button on the remote.

presto,you have a coded remote"

The only remote is the alarm remote, so would that be used to code the new key or is there meant to be some OEM remote for the car?

• 7 months later...

I only got 1 r34gtr factory key and 1 remote when i bought my gtr. I wanted some spare keys so went to my local nissan and asked for the process of getting new keys and sold me 2 uncut new factory keys, that arrived a week later. I had to have them cut and brought it back to be programmed. When i brought the car in , they told me these cannot be programmed because it is an import, not even looking at the car. I then went to other nissan dealers who tried it in their consult but with no success.

Today I've started to ring a few automotive locksmiths, and only 1 guy said he might be able to do it, but will have to ring him at 5 pm and book an appointment.

How are you guys doing your spare keys?

Edited by M'ck'y

• 1 month later...

Talking to Nissan Australia, they said that Nissan Capalaba can do this.

I called them and they seemed to think that they can.

I havent got a spare key cut yet or coded.

Just thought I would add this update.

Hope it helps people.

Here's a hot tip, do NOT go to Nissan at Lutwyche.

I gave them my car with a working NATS ecu and key ready to be programmed. I got the car back 2 days later, no consultation with there response that the NATS ECU was fried (They'd fried it) which was going to be $550 for a new item and a 2 week wait + 2 hours labor to change on top of the 7 hours labour @ $120 an hour they'd already done to diagnose this. When I declined they said I would need to pay the full $820 before they gave my car back.

A quick call to fair trading set them straight, but yeah... Don't ever go there!!!

• 4 weeks later...

goodmorning guys.. i have a quick query regarding the key. you see.. my remote key buttons have been teared apart already due to wear and tear. would you happen to know where i can source the rubber button inside the remote key? or if the situation is worse than i expected then maybe the whole remote key case with the rubber button? im desperate. i cant seem to find that rubber anywhere here in the philippines.

• 2 months later...

I put an untuned Power Fc in to make sure it works (and it does) and then wanted to put my standard one back in as the standard one felt a bit quicker.

It unmatched my key so I tried the procedure and it does at you say..6 times and the hazard light blinks but when I go to ACC and press lock...nothing.

Do you have to do the lot in 10s?

My hazards don't blink when I press lock in ACC.

Is there a set amount of time to code enable?

I put an untuned Power Fc in to make sure it works (and it does) and then wanted to put my standard one back in as the standard one felt a bit quicker.

It unmatched my key so I tried the procedure and it does at you say..6 times and the hazard light blinks but when I go to ACC and press lock...nothing.

Do you have to do the lot in 10s?

My hazards don't blink when I press lock in ACC.

Is there a set amount of time to code enable?

For anyone who wants a key cut and programmed the locksmith in Brisbane that i get to do all mine can do what ever key you have. Even NATS5. No need for an expensive nissan key and BCM code. PM me if you want his details, one key is $170-$180 or something and if you want more than one done or a group of you want them done then he may be able to offer cheaper prices. They wont have the central locking or boot release but will start ur car and having a backup is always best...

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old post,

But does anyone know if any lock smiths or Nissan dealers in NSW that can program a NATS key?

From the above posts it seems some dealers won't do it.

Cheers,

Will

any nissan dealer that says they cant code the key needs a bloody bullet. Its a simple process and CAN be done via consult, provided you have a working key. You just clone the thing. I had to show the techs at nissan how to do it in gladstone because they are all 17 year old tradesmen with no clue. You can do it on some newer model scan tools as well such as the carman scan 5. If they say they cant do it, i wouldnt even trust them doing a service.

any nissan dealer that says they cant code the key needs a bloody bullet. Its a simple process and CAN be done via consult, provided you have a working key. You just clone the thing. I had to show the techs at nissan how to do it in gladstone because they are all 17 year old tradesmen with no clue. You can do it on some newer model scan tools as well such as the carman scan 5. If they say they cant do it, i wouldnt even trust them doing a service.

Thanks for your reply, i'll check a few nissan dealers out

• 1 year later...

Once again i know its an old thread.

Just an update for those that are in NSW and would like to get a key cut and coded for the R34 GTR with out going to the dealers.

Mister Minit in Livepool Westfield can do this, they use another key made by SLCA.

Got mine done this afternoon and it works perfectly.

Not sure if most people will be happy on price but they charge $179.95 for supply of key, cut and coded.

The way i see it, its a small price to pay to have an extra key for a car worth 40k plus.

Hope this helps, pic of key attached

post-32402-0-50589400-1365839195_thumb.jpg

Will, It's probably worth making a thread on this in NSW.

It's good that he goes to the trouble to come out to your car > Programming.

Yeh i think i'll do that now Terry ahah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Does this work for the r33 series 2 as I have a new remote key but can't program it to the car...(can't get the car into program mode for some stupid reason) and yes it has the black box behind the door panel (Receiver) it also has a cheap arse RHINO alarm fitted could this be the cause of my problem??? any help is greatly appreciated ...