SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

i agree.. needs way more sideways shots.. itching to drive her. SAU track day coming up then tas so heres hoping!

some more pics.. Trailed fitted my old sideskirts and decided no f**king way am i running that mad automotive junk anymore.. plus they look silly with the front bar. so got some Origin aggressive skirts. they suit it a bit better thats for sure!

20120406123023.jpg

20120406123032.jpg

then i got stuck into my car trailer.. i had a frame and tyre rack that was high up and plans to sheet it up. but i was never happy with having the rack so high up.. chews fuel on long trips when its fully loaded. So i chopped the frame up and mounted it low with a wind deflector that will get sheeted so the front end still gets protected a bit and should save fuel.

20120408174554.jpg

20120408174608.jpg

clutch issue and "rear Main seal" leak issue sorted.

clutch was a bent puck on the disk.. pulled it out and couldn't see a thing wrong with it until i noticed that one of pucks had an unusual wear pattern on it.. laid it on its side and sure enough it was bent a bit. most likely a result of being posted to be in an air bag via express post.... bent it straight in the vice and eye checked it.

the oil leak wasnt actually the rear main at all... so i was happy about that. it was the rear corner of the sump. for some reason it wasnt sealing well enough. didnt have much choice here since a sump off job is such a pain in the arse.. so i cleaned it up externally washed it with thinners and lathered it up with sikaflex... heres hoping!

spent this arvo mounting the MSD coils, wiring up the ignitor module, wiring the coils and cutting and crimping the MSD leads. all in all its time consuming work. i was fair stoked when it fired over first crank. the spark it produces is much stronger then anything ive seen from a splitfire or nissan coil.

20120412181410.jpg

just visually comparing the spark difference its huge.. before with normal coil packs firing the spark was a bit ho hum.. now with MSD's you can hold a lead 20cm away from the chassis and it will jump the gap no worries... huge spark!