SAU Community

Good Wheel Alignments

wanzi

hey guys where in the south eastern suburbs can i find a good reliable place to do a wheel alignment? bob jane in moorabbin did a good job last time but it cost me $120. the place i went to before that i dont even think did anything and just charged me for waiting. any ideas?

If you don't mind driving, Traction Tyres rowville does an excellent job, they are not cheap, I think I paid ~$110 for a 4 wheel alignment but they tune the settings carefully ;)

EDIT: at Traction Tyres you can actually see them working...lol

so u'd rather have a dodgy $60 job than a proper $120, only to have to come back 2 or 3 times which is gonna cost $180 down the track?

u misunderstood, im looking for a place people recommend. price isnt the biggest issue as long as they do a good job. also im trying to find a find a place that does a lot of imports rather that changing mum and dads tyres every day

If you don't mind driving, Traction Tyres rowville does an excellent job, they are not cheap, I think I paid ~$110 for a 4 wheel alignment but they tune the settings carefully ;)

EDIT: at Traction Tyres you can actually see them working...lol

I second this.

Yep traction - they've done my alignments twice now - no issue's at all, had a good chat with me about what i wanted from the car.

Could feel a noticeable difference as soon as i left the place (lots of adjustable stuff on my car)

hey guys where in the south eastern suburbs can i find a good reliable place to do a wheel alignment? bob jane in moorabbin did a good job last time but it cost me $120. the place i went to before that i dont even think did anything and just charged me for waiting. any ideas?

I went to Bob Jane Moorabbin May this year, salesman Adam, guy that did the job was Darren who is good with GTRs, did all 4 wheels with printout, $75.

Try there again.

No one does a good wheel alignemnt anymore - it's all rubbish these days.

You can take the same car to 6 different places that have these lazer alignment machines and all 6 places will give you a different result but each of them will swear theirs is acurate!!

Yeah 2 x 2m of ally square tube + builders stringline + zipties and some verier claipers will do it.

For camber its simple to make a simple device using basic geometry.

+1 for traction. After having problems with scalloping tyres (and thinking it may have been a collaped shock or a wheel bearing) they had a look at it and diagnosed it for free, and where great with getting it fixed.

Will be going back soon to get my brakes checked.

Edited by baron25

well i ended up back at bob jane in moorabbin and i it cost $75 for a 4wheel alignment n they did a brilliant job. also the fellow who did it actually had a chat with me afterwards and told me how i could fix a problem with my control arm. i didnt fully understand it first but then he dumbed it down and showed me. good bloke. id recommend this place to anyone in that area

Ahhh i was about to post a thread about this for the western suburbs however!

Any suggestions? Otherwise its a drive over to the south eastern suburbs!

Centreline in Thomastown